➵ Chapter 41

Shitto is here.

Itsuki's heart couldn't stop pounding. All of a sudden there was hope. Not much, but nonetheless a chance.

And of course. Shitto's abilities allowed her to completely seal her presence. So long as Feitan doesn't catch onto anything, she's just a rat searching for food.

The Rat blended in along the walls. Shitto neared Natsu steadily but slowly. Any given second now, if Feitan suspects anything. They are done for. Itsuki and Shitto knew that for a fact. Feitan was an enemy that they couldn't afford underestimate. Even if Shitto could cover up all of her presence, they needed to be cautious. Feitan isn't one to mess with.

Successfully, Shitto sneaked up behind Itsuki, just in the blind spot that Feitan wouldn't be able to see. She climbed up the rocks and onto Itsuki restraints. Itsuki's muscles tensed when she could feel the faintest of movements against the ropes. Shitto was eating through them.

Itsuki silenced a gulp. A mix of excitement and fear pools in her chest. Although she couldn't fathom why, one wrong move and she could be dead. It was a thrill she had never felt before.

Focusing on the movements behind her, she felt a chilling gaze from the front. She glanced over to Feitan's direction, meeting him dead in the eye. The feeling of excitement and fear was immediately out balanced by just fear. His unwavering gaze was enough to make her feel trapped.

"Why are you nervous." Feitan's voice seemed to linger in the air.

Itsuki's heart skipped a beat. A million things rushing through her head.

Panic rose.

How he knew, Itsuki didn't know. But she couldn't let him suspect anything. Whether she'll live or die, it could depend on her very response.

She looked at Feitan, with a pretended confusion.

"So am I suppose to be happy after you just suggested to torture to me to death?" Itsuki was surprised by how real her acting became.

Feitan remained expressionless. "You're agitated. You're anticipating something."

Her heart was about to jump out her chest.

"Who is to say when you're gonna suddenly change your mind and kill me? Am I not even allowed to be nervous that you kidnapped me? You sick hag."

She turned away her head in what it seems like that she was in a huff. In reality, she didn't want Feitan to sense the lie on her pretended expressions.

Whether Feitan bought the lie, she wasn't sure, but Feitan didn't question further.

She broke a sweat. How Feitan saw through her emotions horrified her. Did he possess abilities that could read her like an open book?

No. That wouldn't have been the case. If he did, he would have knew her plan and would have noticed and killed Shitto a long time ago.

And that only leaves to the last possible answer. He had noticed the slightest change of tension in her muscles.

What a monster.

Although he didn't question further, Itsuki is safe for now.

Shitto continued to chew through the ropes. Although it wasn't long until she found a problem.

The rope was specially made and enhanced with nen. Hence why Itsuki couldn't break out of it.

Both Shitto and Itsuki understood the problem.

The only being that could go against Nen, is Nen. Meaning Shitto has to somehow activate Hatsu to break through the ropes without Feitan suspecting anything.