➵ Chapter 14

Her vision was blurry when she woke up. Itsuki slowly lifted herself up.

"Itsuki!"

She jumped at the voice, finally acknowledging the people beside her bed. Kurapika, Leorio and Gon.

Gon handed Itsuki her Hunter licence. She blinked a few times, then everything came back to her. "Killua!" She exclaimed, "where is he?!"

The three filled her in.

...

After Itsuki fell unconscious, Illumi held her up by her wrist while the rest of her body draped down. "You don't need friends killu." His voice was harsh. Illumi then held onto Itsuki's neck.

"Don't You Dare, Illumi." Killua said with venom, "or I will Kill you, no matter how long it'll take, I'll kill you, Illumi." Killua meant every word and Illumi knew it.

Illumi looked surprised, and rather troubled. "Hmmm, what a pain... trying to kill me all the time will affect the efficiency in your training..." Illumi muttered to himself. "Alright Killu, as long as you return home..."

...

"... and then Illumi took Killua away..." Gon finished, anger seeping in his tone.

Itsuki was calmer than expected, quite expressionless.

She was silent for a few minutes, as if letting everything sink in.

"Alright, let's get Killua back." She said bluntly as she jumped out of the bed.

Gon smiled, "of course."

Once again the four boarded onto an airship, it was estimated that they had to travel three days before arriving at Kukuroo Mountain, Killua's address that they managed to find out.

Gon gazed out the window gloomily. Itsuki shoved a chip into his mouth. "Cheer up Gon, he's just having a sleepover in his home for a while, we'll bringing him back soon." Itsuki said cheerfully.

Her positivity seemed to spread as Gon nodded, giving her a small smile.

Their journey to Kukuroo Mountain was fairly smooth as they took little to no effort to find the place, in fact the group arrived by taking the daily tour busses.

"Woah," Itsuki gaped at the sight, a colossal sized gate stood firmly in front of her, this must be the testing gate Killua told her about. But weirdly, Itsuki also noticed a small door beside the main gate, Killua didn't mention about that.

"S-so the v-volcano is technically t-their backyard?" Leorio stuttered.

"Yeah..." Gon said, equally stunned.

"PASS THE KEYS!" A shout erupted. Everyone looked to the source of the voice, seeing two males pushing the door keeper onto the ground and grabbing his keys, then stammering into the small door. Itsuki and Gon rushed to the old man. " Are you alright?" Gon asked as he helped the man up.

Gon didn't get a response as a suffocating scream sounded behind the door that the two men went in. The door once again opened, although this time, a paw double the size of Itsuki peered out of the door, dropping two skeletons onto the ground.