➵ Chapter 48

3rd person pov

There must at least be ten workers surrounding him. All masked and dressed in identical black dresses, cut shortly just below their waist with a bunny tail sticking out. It could hardly be called a dress. One was massaging Killua's shoulder while some others sat on each side of Killua, trailing their fingers on his arm. They giggled as they coaxed Killua into finishing another bottle.

Itsuki was expressionless.

Killua finished the last drops in the bottle before one of the girls opened a new one. Itsuki intercepted it mid air before Killua could take it.

She scanned the group in front of her. "I hope you all realise that's a minor you're on top of."

Itsuki stares at the small group, not meaning to glare at each individual.

They all broke into laughter.

"Actually," Killua spoke up. "According to the law here, I am in fact not a minor." Killua stated. "Also chill out will you, it's their job Itsuki. Let people live."

Itsuki's gaze darkened, it was like something snapped inside of her. "I appreciate you all doing your job and all, but please leave us for a few minutes." She spoke in monotone.

Nobody budged, in fact they acted like she wasn't there.

Not until a bottle of wine was smashed onto the glass table. The rich liquid splattered neatly on their faces. They peered at each other before quietly scurrying away. There was silence between the two.

"So, Killua."

Itsuki's pov

I thought he would at least have the senses to tell me what's going on. But no, he sat there like a piece of log.

"Are you done?"

"Im actually not." Killua stated calmly. "I'd like a few more moments. So if you don't mind, please leave. You're ruining the moment."

I was planning to have a civilised talk. But it doesn't seem fit for the situation.

"Are you being serious now?" I tried my hardest to suppress my voice. An unknown emotion in bubbling inside of me. And I can't help feeling furious.

Itsuki, stay composed.

"What did I do." Killua peered at me, as if he doesn't already know the answer.

"Does this place look like where a 15 year old should be?" I spat, not holding back to show I disgusted I was. "You disgust me."

Killua did not answer me straight away, only twirling an empty glass in his hand. I stared at him in disbelief. He had the audacity to laugh. He eyed me.

"Itsuki. I shouldn't be here? Why? Because of my age? Because it's illegal?" Killua laughed. "May I remind you that I kill for a living?"

I'm speechless. I feel my head spinning.

"Plus it's not my first time in this sort of facilities anyways."

Somehow, hearing this made me even more mad. I can't stand him any longer.

"Can you be mature for once?!" I couldn't control my voice any longer.