➵ Chapter 54

The three took in the view of the imposing building before them. Gon gazed at the ring sitting cozily on his finger, sensing that maybe meeting Ging wasn't so far away anymore.

Gon and Killua were dressed up in smart-looking suits while Itsuki threw on the first appropriate attire she could find out of the mountains of goods Killua bought her just the day before.

Killua peeked at a restless Itsuki.

"I told you not to drink so much tea." Killua eyed Itsuki, sending her an I-told-you-so look. "Look what's happening right now."

"I said I'm fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'm fine." She snapped, although did not look too convincing as she stood stiffly in a bowing position, feet pitter-pattering on the spot.

"Well what else was I suppose to do? That cake was real dry. Do you want me to choke to death?" She defended.

"No." Killua responded dryly. "But maybe don't eat the cake? It's a choice. And you chose to eat two whole stacks."

"Yeah? But what's the harm?" Itsuki said while clutching her lower abdomen.

Killua crossed his arms. "That's the harm."

"... I can hold it." Itsuki declared, not sounding as confident as she would have liked. After all, this wasn't exactly the ideal condition to be in when trying to infiltrate a top-end auction. Well, it wasn't exactly that hard either. The initial plan the trio decided on was to get to Battera as soon as possible, but the only known place Battera would without a doubt show up in was at the Yorknew auction. However, without the entrance pass of the auction, the three settled on sneaking in whenever the event finishes, the time when all the billionaire and millionaires would gather and socialise, pretending to like each other and offer beneficial business opportunities.

And that's exactly what they were going to do.

The trio were as inconspicuous as they could when they closed in, stealthily nearing the guarded entrance as they sneaked around, following Killua's lead.

The plan was simple. In fact, it was so simple it could be summarised with one word. Run.

They were going to simply run in.

Their sheer speed they are all capable of moving at allowed them to be invisible, moving so fast that they cannot be seen. Their physical abilities allowed for the plan to be viable.

Although, there was one issue. They needed the door wide open. They can be fast at running, but it would be impossible to stay invisibly fast while opening a door. And Killua was going to be the first, the one testing the waters.

Patiently, he waited, observing intently for the door to open, which occurred every once in a while, when one of the rich buyers would come out for a breather during the heat of an auction, Killua would strike.

Fast and precise.

It wasn't a intricate, well thought out plan, but it proved to be effective when the door was shoved open, an old man with an incredible belly waddled out. One second, Killua was next to Itsuki and the next, Killua's fleeting figure weaved through the gap of the closing door.

The rich man successfully walked out, and the guards closed the door. Killua was completely unnoticed.

"I'll go next." Itsuki said, as she readied herself, waiting for the next opportunity.

And sure enough, another man marched out, joining the other man who he was seemingly pretty close with. And Itsuki strikes, copying the set of movements Killua previously demonstrated, she was off. And before she knew it, she was already within the walls.