➵ Chapter 31

"Roll it until both dice lands with the same number. Let's say they both land on four. And that determines four bones are to be broken. That will count as one round, if you could make it through the round without making a single sound, you win, and the game ends... but if you do make a sound, the game continues." Feitan smiled at her expression. "Easy, isn't it?"

"LET HER GO, I'LL REPLACE HER." Killua yelled.

His voice was ignored.

"It's okay Killua, I'll be okay." Itsuki tried her best reassuring tone.

Phinks sighed upon watching the scene in front of him. For he knew that she wouldn't be okay at all. She wouldn't last in Feitan's hands. It's a shame really. Phinks quite liked her attitude. Unfortunately, she has fallen as Feitan's prey. Phinks knew how sadistic Feitan could be. He learnt it the hard way. A few years before, he had foolishly permitted Feitan to break his right arm. He shouldn't have underestimated Feitan. It was a mistake that he'll never forget.

Feitan knew how to cause pain. It was his speciality. He knew the exact angle, position, place to fracture a bone in the most painful way possible. The way he fractures a bone was enough take someone to a place worse than death. Phinks was unfortunate enough to experience that. It was the most excruciating pain, the kind that soared beneath the skin and gradually spreads to the entire body. It was a pain that even as someone as powerful as Phinks couldn't stand.

Feitan never lost the game. For it was impossible to not make a single sound when you're in Feitan's care. It was Feitan's favourite game. He thrived on seeing the despair on their faces when his victims screamed and begged for his mercy. It was a pleasure for him watching his victims writhe in pain, and force them through each round until there's no more bones left to break. Then, they were met with death.

It was the same ending for every man, no matter how tough they were, they couldn't endure it. It wasn't possible.

And now the same fate was going to happen all over again.

Shame, Phinks would have preferred for Itsuki to live.

"Let's begin, shall we?" Feitan smiled. He hadn't played this game for a while, he was excited.

"Fine. I'll play with you. You sick old man." Itsuki spat.

She grabbed the two dice off Feitan grumpily. She hesitated before she rolled them.

Despite the fact that she sounded tough, it was a completely different story in the inside. In honesty, she was petrified, but she wasn't going to show it and give him the satisfaction.

Her heart raced as she rolled the dice, praying that luck would be in her favour and keep the two dice from rolling on the same number. A six and a four. She let out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. She's safe so far. Though, deep down, she knew that she wouldn't come out from this unscathed.

She could only win by keeping quiet when her bones are being broken. That meant she would get hurt at least once.

"Hurry up." Feitan threatened, he was starting to be impatient.

Itsuki gathered the dice as slowly as she could.

She recollected her thoughts. Enduring the pain and keeping quiet... wouldn't that be too easy? She sure has broken a few bones before and yes, it is painful, but not to the point that would make her yell out loud. She would've gotten teased by her clan if she did that.

No. There's a catch. There was no way this Feitan sadist would let her win that easily. The way he was so confident told her that he knew he was going to win. That's it. He would break her bone in a way that would be impossible for her to not a make a noise. She was sure of it.