➵ Chapter 8

Killua and Itsuki chatted for hours, completely loosing track of time. Itsuki was thoroughly entertained as she listened to Killua's descriptions of his house. He told her about Mike the guarding dog, the testing gate, the volcano they lived on. She found it all so interesting.

After Itsuki and Killua's little chat, they decided that it was best to get some rest before the next phase.

As they ambled along the corridors, trying to find the guest rooms. As they looked around, a loud snore caught their attention, it came from a room to their right.

Opening the door, they peeked inside. On the floor lied Tonpa, snoring noisily with his mouth hanging wide open.

A devious idea popped in Itsuki's mind.

"Killua, do you still have that can of juice Pompom gave you?" Itsuki whispered cheekily.

"You mean Tonpa?" Killua asked as she nodded.

Killua immediately grasped on what she was thinking. He smirked as he handed her the can of drink.

Itsuki tiptoed as quietly as she could to Tonpa. Slowly but surely, poured the can of juice into Tonpa's mouth, not leaving out a single drop.

Waiting for a few seconds, Tonpa began to stir. Itsuki hurriedly grabbed Killua as she ran out of the room, hiding behind a corner.

After 5 minutes or so, Tonpa scrambled out of the room and dashed towards the direction of the toilets.

They snickered. "Dang, whatever drug he got in here is pretty effective." Itsuki laughed.

Itsuki barely got any sleep when they arrived at the destination. She yawned loudly as she unborded the ship.

The applicants were brought to a tower, specifically the top of a tower.

"Welcome to the trick tower, this is where phase 3 will be taking place. Your aim is to make it to the bottom of the tower within 72 hours." Bean explained. And with that, the airship ascended to the sky.

The candidates were absolutely clueless, circling around aimlessly. There wasn't stairs or anything, just a big plain concrete floor.

Itsuki walked over to the edge, peering over, concluding that the tower is at least a few hundred metres high. However, it's not something that Itsuki cannot climb down. She bent down, feeling around for a grip. However, before she got anywhere, a man distracted her as he swiftly climbed down the walls. Though he did not get very far before a gigantic monster-like bird came crashing into him and biting him in half.

Itsuki shuddered at the horrific sight. She quickly backed away from the edge, deciding against the idea of climbing down. As she was backing away, she didn't realise as she steps on a loose panel, and the next thing she knew, she was in the air, falling.

Itsuki landed readily on her feet. She examined her surroundings, it was a dark, cramped room with plain concrete walls and a speaker hanging in one of the corners.

Great. Now what?

As if on cue, a voice called out from the speaker.

"How unfortunate for you, little girl. You have fallen into a solo trap with one of the deadliest traps. Enjoy surviving and please, cherish your last moments, for you might not make it out alive~" the audio then finishes with a series of cackles.

Itsuki cringed at the voice, too much voice cracks and unnecessary cackles for her liking.

Honestly, the cackling man made the tower sound 100 times worse than it actually is. The obstacles so far was child's play, at least it was for Itsuki.

Right now, she was facing a dense row of lasers scattered in different directions.

How lame.

"Um Mr Cackle man! If you can hear me, I just want to give you a little suggestion. Next time, you can try to make the lasers move around, that way it'll be more thrilling and less boring to pass through! Thank you!"

Hearing no responses, she sighed.

She walked to one of the lasers, pulled out a strand of hair and placed it on the laser. As soon as it had made contact, the strand of hair perished.

"Not too bad." Itsuki commented.

Backing a few steps away, she charged forward, diving elegantly into the narrow spaces, gliding and dodging each and every laser in perfect harmony. She finished the last couple of steps with a flip, completing the stage with ease.

The door to the next stage opened. Just as Itsuki was about to go inside, a familiar voice caught her attention.

"It's my turn now!"

The voice was muffled but was distinguishable. It was Leorio's voice.

Itsuki looked around the room, trying to figure out where exactly the voice was coming from. She found the source, it was from the wall to her right.

With a lunge and a powerful kick, she crashed down the wall.

Behind the wall, Kurapika, Gon, Killua, Tonpa stared at her. Though Tonpa didn't look greatest, he looked as if he was about to throw up. Itsuki stifled a laugh, she knew exactly why.

"Ah Itsuki! There you are, we couldn't find you when we were at the top! we were worried about you!" Gon exclaimed.

"Sorry Gon, I accidentally fell into one of the trapdoors." Itsuki explained as she steps over the broken pieces of the wall. She looked around, from the opposite direction stood six prisoners. In the centre, stood a square arena, detached from either side. On the arena, was Leorio and a pink haired woman, also a prisoner. "So what's all this about?"

Killua told Itsuki the rules. Currently, they are competing 1 on 1 with the criminals imprisoned in the trick tower. Each round is decided by the prisoner that they are competing with. The criminals' aim is to detain them for as long as possible, for every hour the applicants are detained, a year of their sentence will be reduced. Right now, Leorio is in a gambling game where he has to guess the gender of his opponent. Though his opponent is clearly a woman.

"But how would I know if you are telling the truth if I guessed wrong." Itsuki heard Leorio say.

"If you guessed wrong, then you can check my body to see if I was lying~" The opponent replied rather flirtatiously.

Leorio flared up his nostrils, eyeing the opponent pervertedly " My guess is that you're a man!"

"Wrong~ you can come and check."

Leorio hurriedly approached the woman, wriggling his fingers.

Kurapika quickly stepped in front of Itsuki to block her view while Killua placed his hands over Itsuki's eyes, "Don't look at this."

A/N
Pervy Leorio is on the line.