16"

"I can't believe I'm in this stuffy classroom with this insane teacher again" Seamus huffed as he sat next to Viola in Divination

"Tell me about it" Viola nodded as Professor Trelawney started rambling.

"Broaden your minds! You must master the art of crystal gazing, it is in the clearing of the inner eye..."

Viola had started to fall asleep as she droned on and Seamus flicked her face making her jump awake flinching as he snickered.

"...and only then can you see. Try again"

"What can you see vi?" Neville asked

"Fog"

"Very perceptive" Dean laughed

"Well, they do say I'm a very advanced seer. No need for you all to feel inadequate" she joked.

Neville was half way through rambling a response for deans Crystal ball when they were interrupted by a bang as Hermione knocked her crystal ball off the table and stormed out.

"Take me with youuuuu!" Viola called out "later!" she waved to Neville, Seamus and Dean as she ran after Hermione.

"Hermione wait!" Viola called finally catching the girl

"Oh Viola, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I hate that class and couldn't wait to leave. And I wanted to see if you was okay. I know Potter and Weasley have no concept of comfort or emotion"

Hermione laughed at Violas scrunched up face as she mentioned them.

"I'm fine thank you Viola, really. It's just that class is useless. A complete waste of my time"

"Oh trust me I know" Viola groaned "if you need anyone to talk to, you can come to me. I know it's weird because of Me, Potter and Weasley but I think us girls in the dorm ought to stick together"

"Of course" Hermione smiled genuinely, pleasantly surprised by the girls kindness "you're really not as bad as Harry and Ron says"

"Thank you! I've been saying this for years!"

Hermione only laughed at her exasperated face as they both walked back to the common room.

"Did you know Buckbeak is getting beheaded tomorrow" Hermione frowned as she walked with Viola through the corridors

"Oh no, is it all Malfoys fault? The git"

"Oh yes, his father claimed buckbeak to be some vicious creature of some-sort. Hagrids very upset about it"

"Perhaps I'll pay him a visit later" Viola said feeling horrible for the man.

Viola and Neville had gone to see Hagrid early in the morning the next day before Buckbeaks sentence. They walked up the hill hand in hand as Neville kept slipping in the mud and falling over. Viola scowled as she spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione making their way over.

That scowl quickly became a grin as Hermione had Draco pressed against a slab of stone, her wand pressed into his neck.

"Come on Nev! This is going to be good" she said dragging Neville over towards the commotion.

"You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She shouted

"Hermione no!" Ron interrupted "he's not worth it!"

Hermione slowly lowered her wand turning around as Malfoy snickered.

"Smack!"

She'd punched him in the nose.

"Yes!" Viola shouted cheering as she neared them causing Harry and Ron to scowl at her as Malfoy and his friends scampered off.

"That felt good"

"Not good. Brilliant!" Ron exclaimed

"For once I agree with Weasley" Viola said as the boys rolled their eyes at her.

"Get lost Lupin" Ron said

"Charming as ever" she smiled sarcastically "it would actually be my pleasure. Nevilles forgot to water his wiggentree so if you don't mind we'll be on our way. Plus I'm meeting my mother soon and I'd rather not be late"

Viola paused past the boys as Neville sent them a hello before running off to catch up with Viola.
———————————————————————————
A/N

I've not done an authors not in a while so

Hey 😌