45"

"Did you hear that Potter? You're just as sane as she is

"Did you hear that Potter? You're just as sane as she is. No need to worry" Viola grinned as she jumped up on the carriage and sat with the girl who was reading her paper upside down.

"Everyone, this is loony Love... Luna Lovegood" Hermione cringed.

"I like your necklace" Viola said pointing to Lunas neck

"It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles" she smiled airly to Neville making him back away into Viola.

"Ahh of course" Viola replied as if she understood "What the fuck is a Nargle?" She whispered in the ear of Ron.

"No fucking clue"

The students dinner was interrupted as Dumbledore stood up. "Good evening children! Now we have two changing of staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly Plank who'll be taking care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome are new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge..."

"Isn't that the woman your mum nearly fought at the Ministry?" Seamus leaned over whispering to Viola

"Unfortunately. Why has my mum tried to punch like half of my teachers?"

"... and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. As usual, our caretaker, mr filch has asked me to remind you-"

"Ahem"

Everyone in the hall stared at the woman who had just interrupted Dumbledore.

"For merlins sake. She's going to be this years problem. I can feel it in my fucking bones" Viola sighed about to slam her head on the table before Neville put his hand there.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me"

The students of Hogwarts just looked at the frog faced woman dressed in pink with blank unimpressed faces.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good of friends"

"Wouldn't bet any sickles on it" Seamus huffed

"The Ministry Of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and Wizards to be a vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what can be preserved and perfect what can be perfected.

Viola and Dean exchanged glances trying to contain their laughter.

"And prune practices that ought to be prohibited" she said with a sickly chuckle sitting down

"Thank you Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating" Dumbledore spoke

Viola was sat in the common room with Lavender and Parvati discussing their summers when the room suddenly went quiet. She swivelled on her seat only to see Harry walking in and everyone staring at him.

"Dean? Seamus? Good holiday?" Harry asked as he walked past them

"Alright, better than Seamus' anyway" Dean replied

"Me mam didn't want me to come back this year" Seamus started standing up and walking towards Harry

"Why not?" Harry blanched

"Let me see... er, because of you. The daily prophets been saying a lot of things about ya Harry, Dumbledore as well"

Viola sat there awkwardly. She didn't think that Harry deserved to receive most of Seamus' anger but then again Seamus was one of her best friends, and Harry... not so much. She gently tugged on his arm from her place on the sofa, shaking her head softly "not now" she whispered so no one could hear, but Seamus wouldn't listen

"What and your mum believes them?" Harry snapped back getting increasingly angry

"Well no body was there the night Cedric died"

"Well I suggest you read the Prophet then, like your stupid mother. It'll tell you everything you need to know"

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!"

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a fucking liar!" Harry shouted back.

Violas eyes widened at his anger. His eyes held a fire that she'd never seen before. If she didn't hate him so much she'd think it was sort of hot.

"What's going on?" Ron asked walking into the room and defending Harry

"He's mad is what's going on" Seamus spat "d'ya believe the rubbish he's coming out with about you-know-who?"

"Yeah, I do" Ron blanched "has anyone else got a problem with Harry?"

Viola raised her hand making everyone look at her. Ron only shook his head and pulled Harry away.

———————————————————————————
A/N

My fav part about writing is coming up with ideas between the two main characters. Like the cute/funny/hot details. Like I have so much fun thinking them up and I'm just starting that process now and it lit makes me so happy lmao

I've started rereading through Polar attraction and it hurts in a different typa way