74"

The air was heavy

The air was heavy. The mood somber.

The students huddled together. Tears ran softly down their faces as they crowded around their headmaster.

None of them made a sound. They held their breath. The man they had all grown up to know, from the young age of eleven, was dead.

Viola stood pulling Neville into her side, wrapping her arm around him as they both silently cried while her other hand was placed comfortingly on Professor McGonagalls arm, who was stood beside her trying to hold back her tears for the students sake.

They mourned.

Mourned his loss under the darkness of the sky.

The clouds blocked the stars, preventing any light to break through.

They all knew. They all knew the war had properly started.

But it didn't make it any less terrifying.

Viola spotted Harry pushing himself through the crowd as he walked over and kneeled next to Dumbledore, stroking his face and picking up the locket they had retrieved. His body started shaking as he quietly cried next him. Viola stroked Nevilles cheek and smiled sadly at McGonagall before making her way to Harry's side.

She sat next to him, a hand on his back. Harry looked at her through his fogged up glasses as Viola wiped his tears away while he fell into her. Sobs racking his body as Viola held him tightly with no intent of getting go. There wasn't anything she could say. Wasn't anything she could do. But she would be there.

Professor McGonagall raised her wand into the air, a gently glow emitting in the darkness.

One by one the surrounding Professors and students raised their wands.

A sea of light flooded across the Hogwarts grounds.

United

Together

Harry and Viola sat on the wet muddy grass. Holding each other silently. Their tears mingling.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light"  Viola repeated in a whisper making Harry look up at her.

Albus Dumbledore had well and truly made Hogwarts everyone's home. And for that they would never forget it.

"Do you think he would of done it? Draco?" Viola asked as she and Harry looked out from the astronomy tower over the grounds, their hands laced together.

"No, he was lowering his wand" Harry replied "in the end it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing. It's fake" he said handing Viola the locket.

She looked at him before opening it and unfolding the parchment inside "to the dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more... R.A.B"

Harry shook his head, staring out into nothing "it was all a waste"

"Has Hermione read it?" She whispered as Harry nodded in responses

The couple watched the sun peek over the hills, the breeze running through their hair. Viola rested her head on Harry's shoulder as he played with her fingers. "You're not coming back are you?" She whispered

"No. I can't"

"I hope you know I can't come with you"

"I know"

"But I hope you also know that I'll be here waiting. So please don't die on me. It would be quite embarrassing for me"

"I'll try my hardest"

"I know you will. You always do"

"I've got to finish what Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that will take me... but I'll let you know how I am. When I can"

"Please tell me you're not going alone. Not that I'm not sure of your hurcrux hunting abilities but-"

"Hermione and Ron have convinced me that I can't do it alone"

"And let me guess? You turned them down until Hermione forced you to accept"

"Something like that" Harry laughed softly

"I've always admired your courage, even if I didn't always show it"

"That's an understatement"

"Okay, maybe I was a little bit of a prick but honestly you shouldn't of taken all the sweets"

Harry shook his head gathering Viola in his arms and holding her tightly "I'm scared Vio" he admitted

"I know, and that's okay" she replied fiddling with his shirt button "we all are"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Someone please give these kids a break

For deathly hallows I think I'm going to switch the chapters between the trio and Vi as I feel like a year without Harry Ron and Hermione would drag and there wouldn't be much content to work with.