24"

"Alistor Moody

"Alistor Moody. Ex Auror, ministry malcontent and your new defence against the dark arts teacher" Moody introduced himself gruffly.

"He's a cheery bloke" Viola whispered to Dean as he nodded slowly.

"I am here because Dumbledore asked me- end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" The class stared at him blankly "when it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three sir" Hermione answered

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-"

"-Earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban! Correct!" Moody interrupted "now the ministry says that you're to young to see what these curses do, I say different. You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared! You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside  of your desk Mr Finnigan!"

Violas eyes widened as Seamus was about to stick his gum under his desk while moodys back was turned.

"Ah no way" he sighed "the old codger can see out the back of his head!"

Viola snickered at his comment but quickly had to stop to dodge a board rubber moody had thrown across the room.

"And hear across classrooms! So, which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

"Yes?!" Ron replied evidently worried

"Stand! Give us a curse"

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The imperius curse"

"Oh yes your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why"

Moody walked over to his desk while Viola and Dean shared confused glances while Neville looked utterly petrified.

"Ugly little beauty" Moody said picking up a spider from a glass jar "Engorgo".  The spider doubled in size "imperio!"

Suddenly the spider flew onto Viola and Deans desk at the front making them lean away from the insect. Quickly it jumped on crabbes head making everyone but the Slytherins laugh at his scrunched up face.

"Don't worry, it's completely harmless" Moody shouted over the laughter.

The spider flew across the room before landing on Parvartis sleeve before dropping on Rons head.

Viola had never felt so much joy watching Ron Weasley nearly cry due to a spider on his head.

Moody launched the spider from Ron's head right onto Dracos face. Making him scream for help "get it off! Get it off!" The class roared with laughter.

"Talented isn't she?" said Moody "what should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself? Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know- who's bidding under the influence of the imperius curse. But here's the rub. How do we sort out the liars? Another, another, come on!"

Several hands around the room were held up.

"Longbottom is it? Up. Professor sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology"

"Th-there's the, er, the Cruciatus Curse" Neville stuttered nervously.

Viola stiffened up. She knew all about Nevilles parents and was not about to let Neville become upset.

"Correct! Correct! Come, come" moody said gesturing Neville over to the spider "particularly nasty. The torture curse... crucio!"

The spider stared to writh and squeal as it contorted on the table. Shrivelling within itself.

Neville watched it distressed. Wincing as it's pained squeals filled the air.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him? Stop it!" Viola shouted standing up out of her seat.

Moody looked over to Viola and then back to Neville releasing the curse on the spider.

"Miss Lupin, perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse?"

"No" Viola simply replied

"No? Avada Kedavra!" The spider hit the desk in a crumpled heap, unmoving as the shot of green light hit it.

"The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it, and he's sitting in this room" 

Viola rolled her eyes as the whole classes attention moved over to Harry.

———————————————————————————
A/N

I love Nev 😞