91"

Viola smirked to herself as she heard loud explosions going off in the distance

Viola smirked to herself as she heard loud explosions going off in the distance. Taking off in a run with her wand and map in her hand she sprinted through the corridors dodging students.

Standing outside of Professor Snapes office door she cursed herself. How could she of forgotten there was a password. What was Dumbledores password? Lemon drop? Something like that. Surely Snape had changed it.

"You know what? Fuck it... Bombarda Maxima!"

The wall to the office exploded into tiny bits scattering the floor with dust and rubble.

"So much for secrecy, though it did bring back good memories" she sighed as she reminisced "that spell never fails me" she laughed putting her wand back into her pocket and stepping over the rubble into the office.

She didn't have long.

Running over to his desk she flicked through the various stacks of paper and rifled through the draws.

It there was any information about the sword it would be here.

Groaning as she checked the last draw she moved on the the cupboards surrounding the room. Each was filled with pointless and curious objects that she'd never seen before. She so badly wanted to see what they did and how they work but she didn't have time.

"Why does this man have so much shit!" She exclaimed pushing random items out of the way "he really needs a declutter honestly"

She threw her hands up in defeat as she closed the last cupboard. Scanning the room for anything that she could of missed, a bowl and a shelf of vials caught her eye.

Walking over she dragged her finger over the rim of the basin. It held a swirling blue silvery liquid inside that ripples slightly. Her touch moved front the basin to the shelf holding the vials.

Her fingers ran over them as she read the labels on them and the dates.

"Memories" she concluded as she looked across them curiously "Dumbledores and Snapes memories"

Perhaps he had emptied his memory into the vial. If only she could find the right one.

She squinted her eyes trying to read the faded labels. One by one she started discarding the ones with the impossible dates. Her finger tips made the glass vials rattle as she went.

The banging stopped in the distance

Abandoning the vials of memories she fixed the mess of the papers, cupboards and draws, jumped back over the rubble and pointed her wand at it.

"Reparo" She said as the bricks started floating back up and placing themselves back down to form the wall perfectly once again, as if nothing had happened  "Huh... I wasn't expecting that to work" she raised her eyebrows impressed as the sound of footsteps sounded further down the corridor, each step sounding nearer. Checking she had the map and her wand she made a run in the opposite direction back to the Room Of Requirements.

She all but fell through the door.

Most students had left, heading up to bed. It was Viola turn to stay down here tonight with the students who didn't feel safe enough to return to their common rooms.

She flopped down on one of the beds.

"Mission successfully failed" she murmured to herself "at least I know where to start next time"

"Are you talking to yourself?" A small girl asked making her turn around quickly in surprise.

"Maisie? What are you doing here?" Viola asked recognising the girl and taking a deep breath.

"I wanted to wait for you. Luna told me you'd be staying here tonight so I wanted to stay with you" she smiled taking a seat next to Viola.

"Are you not tired?"

"A little bit. Did you know talking to yourself is the first sign of madness?" She asked mischievously looking up to Viola

"I must be going mad then" Viola laughed gently.

"I like you" the little girl stated bluntly "you're really nice. And pretty and brave. I want to be like you when I'm in my seventh year"

Violas heart seemed to shatter into tiny fragments.

"I think you already are" she smiled softly "I think you've been so brave already"

"Really?"

"Of course"

"I don't feel brave. I'm scared. I don't want my mum and dad to be hurt" she said looking down picking at her nails.

"Just because you feel scared doesn't mean you're not brave" Viola replied

"Are you scared?"

"Terrified" Viola admitted "but I know it will be over soon. And then your mum and dad will be safe again. Are your mum and dad Wizards like us?" She asked as Maisie shook her head "you're a Muggleborn?"

The girl shook her head once again "I don't know my real parents" she shrugged "my parents are my foster parents"

Viola nodded in understanding as the girl continued

"The only thing I know about my parents is that I have their second name"

"And What's that?" Viola asked interestedly

"Well my full name is Maisie Dorcas McKinnon" she waved casually not seeing the look on Violas face.

"M-McKinnon?" Viola stuttered her mouth hanging open "are you sure?"

"I'm pretty sure of my name"the girl smiled cheekily.

"Well- Er. It's... a very pretty name" Viola stumbled making Maisie look at her concerned "come on, it's been a long day. You need to sleep" she said guiding Her to her bed.

"Goodnight Viola" she waved

———————————————————————————
A/N

Marls... something you want to tell us huh?

STOP TALING ABOUT WETHER OR NOT THEYRE GONNA DIE. I WANT IT TO BE A SURPRISE

If you're confused, which you most likely are; Marlene cannot of given birth to the girl due to her ages/ the year Marlene died.

But- perhaps someone did that shared the same name as Marlene.

I'm hoping you catch my drift