Episode 4 - Lost and Found

Lloyd stood on my shoulders and on his shoulders stood a mountain of rocks. Dad talked slowly as he added more — some rant about balance, which I have heard a million times from when I was in the Underworld. When I asked him why I had to do this too, he said that I needed to learn to balance alongside my brother.

"We underestimate the importance of balance. When it's there, we're at peace. When something is off, everything falls. Ninjago is no different. It put too much faith in technology, allowing the Overlord to return, and because of your friends, now the world is without power. When one relies on something too much, we become weak, vulnerable, imbalanced. In order to find your Full Potential and Unlock your true power, you must find your own balance."

"I thought we already unlocked our true power," I say with a grunt.

"Yeah. I'm already the Golden Ninja, how much more power do I need?" Lloyd agrees.

"You've only scratched the surface! You two have the potential to move mountains. The power of the First Spinjitzu Master!" Dad exclaims.

"The Ninja destroyed the power substation, essentially destroying the Overlord and his Nindroids," Lloyd says. "Why cant we go back?"

"Essentially? Until the Overlord is fully erased from the system, we must not go back, but forward!" Dad places another large rock on top of the pile which made Lloyd loose his balance and fall, causing all the rocks to fall on me. "If you cant move mountains, I guess we'll have to move over mountains."

With a grunt of annoyance, I throw the rocks off my back. "Oh, yeah?"

"And this next one looks particularly steep."

Lloyd and I let out a unanimous groan, but march after the falcon without complaint.

After a few hours of climbing, we come across a large gap in the mountain, the bridge that once connected it is in pieces.

"Hey!" Lloyd says, smirking at me. "Who needs bridges when you can manifest a Golden Dragon to--"

"You two rely too much on your Golden Power," Dad says, cutting him off. "Let this be a lesson, center yourselves and move the mountain with your mind."

"What? Move that? Are you kidding?" Lloyd exclaims.

"Find your balance," Dad says. "Concentrate."

I sigh and hold my hand out for Lloyd to take. He stares at Dad for a few moments, bewildered by the prospect of moving the mountain. Eventually, he gives in and takes my hand.

It's like our minds are one, both our wills combined. He thinks about moving the mountain and so do I. I can read his mind, understand his struggle, feel his frustration. Slowly, rocks begin to lift from the mountain and reconfigure themselves infront of us, but before a bridge can be fully formed, the rocks explode and Lloyd lets out a scream of anger.

"This is pointless! Especially when we can do this!" Lloyd pulls me to the edge of the cliff and forms our dragon beneath us. We fly a few feet into the air and the dragon breathes out a gold substance, forming a bridge. He lets go of my hand and we fall down onto his creation. "I'm not the First Spinjitzu Master, and I never wanted to be. I'm the Golden Ninja!"

Dad sighs. "I know, I was once like this too."

Lloyd doesn't stay to listen, he's already crossed to the other side and is climbing up the mountain.

I smile solemnly at my father. "He's young and impatient, Dad."

"And since when are you not?" Dad replies, grinning.

"Since I started dating Kai," I say.

Dad chuckles. "You're still only sixteen, Tash."

"I know," I say, my smile not faltering. "And I'm still learning everyday."