Episode 9 - Changed History and Altered Memory

Nya eagerly started training, but Kai seems disinterested. We sit on top of the roof of the Monastery walls, watching as they train. Uncle seems very annoyed and a little discouraged by Kai's foul attitude. My boyfriend really was a whiney little baby.

"You must harness the fire deep within you, Kai," Uncle says through gritted teeth.

Past Kai rolls his. "Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Present Kai lets out a groan. "I'm worthless!"

"It's like you don't even want to be a Ninja," Jay comments.

"Look, I told you the only reason I became a Ninja was to rescue my sister," Kai replies dejectedly. I rub his back soothingly.

"If Kai doesn't learn to be a Ninja, our future will be destroyed," Zane says.

Cole groans. "Even when Garmadon does something good, it's always evil!"

I sit up a little straighter, an idea popping into my head. "Maybe we need to put things back on track!"

"I thought you said not to get involved. 'Change anything, change everything,'" Jay says, glancing at me suspiciously.

"That was before my father altered the past and changed the future. Now we gotta clean up the mess," I retort.

"She's right. The only way to save our future is for Kai to find his fire," Zane says.

"What are you trying to say Zane?" Jay asks.

"I'm saying we have to give Kai his motivation back. We have to kidnap Nya and deliver her into the hands of the Skeletons," Zane explains.

Kai sighs. "If that's what it takes. Okay, but if it's alright with you guys, I got an idea on how I could talk some sense into myself."

~

Kai snuck into the bathroom where his past self is brushing his teeth. His plan is to 'become the mirror' and attempt to talk some sense into himself. Meanwhile, Jay, Cole, Zane, and I are sneaking into Nya's room to kidnap her. My Uncle hadn't a clue we were doing this, but oh well. It's all to save our future.

"Time to play our parts," Cole whispers, handing each of us a skull mask to wear over our faces. Technically, I shouldn't need to since I was originally on the Skulkin's team, but I decided not to bring it up.

"We'll have to act quickly while Kai is keeping himself busy," Zane says.

Nya opens her eyes as Jay grabs onto her shoulders. I quickly throw my hand over her open mouth the muffle her shriek of fright. Jay quickly lifts her up and delicately stuffs her into the bag that Cole is holding open. Everything is going smoothly. We manage to make it out of the Monastery and onto the roof, though not very quietly. Nya is wiggling and shouting, which is causing quite the ruckus. I'm surprised past Kai hasn't heard us yet.

"Unhand me, Skeletons!" Nya cries.

"Skulkins," I cant help but correct, earning a stern glare from Zane.

"Oh, I'm sorry Nya," Jay whispers, but apparently she heard him because she begins yelling again.

"How'd you know my name!" She shouts. "Oh, when my brother finds out about this, you'll be sorry!"

"Actually, he'll be quite relieved," Cole says with a cheeky smile.

"Guys, we've got company!" Zane shouts, halting our escape. Three black figures approach us, each holding a familiar weapon.

"Isn't that us?" Jay stammers.

"Better lower our masks so they don't recognize us," Cole says.

Jay sets Nya down and jumps to meet his past self in battle. Cole and Zane quickly join in, facing their past selves, leaving me alone with Nya, who continues to wiggle around. I grab her bag, saving it from falling off the roof. She's heavier than I would have expected, but I'm not gonna complain.