Episode 12 - The Serpentine War

"What are you looking at, Zippy," Jay says, glaring at Griffin.

"The next one out of the Tournament," Griffin replies, crossing his arms.

Jay rolls his eyes and looks away.

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow?" Kai says. "Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen."

"I hope this next fight is between you and me," Shade growls, "because I'm gonna put you on your back."

Kai looks over at me and I immediately look away. The only person who knows every detail about last night is Lloyd, so I don't know why Kai's gaze bothers me so much. Maybe he expects me to jump to Shade's defense? While I wasn't necessarily looking for a tattoo when I was with him, I did see his back and know for a fact that he's clear. But I am far to drained to make any comments. All I want is to get this task over with so that I can hide away in my room and hate my life.

"Are you okay?" Lloyd whispers to me. He's been asking this question every five minutes. He knows I'm not in the right mind, he can see it in my face. Maybe that's why Kai keeps looking at me funny.

"I'm fine," I reply biliously. "Can we just focus on this task?"

Lloyd nods and looks back out the window.

The Paleman cat calls Skylar and she glares back at him. "Do you mind?"

If I wasn't so upset with everything, I would smirk.

"Tensions are high," Dad observes.

"Not as high as we are now," Lloyd replies uneasily. "Can hardly see the island from up here."

"Are you okay, Tasha?" Dad asks.

"Why do people keep asking that?" I say snippier than I meant to. Dad raises his eyebrows but doesn't say anything else.

"I've had enough of this," Neuro bursts. "I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?"

He opens the door to the cockpit only to find that it's empty. We're currently on a plane, on our way to the location of the next task. With click, the screen above flickers to life and Chen's face appears.

"How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now?" Chen pauses to clear his throat loudly. "Hello, final nine. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different."

The screen changes to a video of Nya running through the forest.

Kai gasps. "Nya!"

"You know her?" Skylar asks.

"It's my sister."

"We have an uninvited guest on the island--"

"--And she must be holding the proof that will stop Chen--"

"--Find her and you will automatically move on--"

"--The spell he plans to use when he takes our powers--"

"-- to the final round!"

"He wants us all to hunt her down?" Jay exclaims. "She wont stand a chance!"

"Then we have to find her before anyone else does," says Lloyd.

Chen's face reappears on the screen. "In ten seconds, the bottom will drop. But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you nine parachutes--"

Immediately, everyone rushes to retrieve their chute.

"--Sensei Garmadon is there? Shoot, that makes ten. Oh, well, I was never good at math. Toodle-oo!"