Episode 3 - A Pirates Life For Me

"Fists of Fury!" Lloyd yells as he continuously punches the oven mitts on Kai's hands. "You cant even see me move, I'm so fast!"

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy," Kai says.

"Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me," Lloyd replies. He jumps into the air and does a spin kick, knocking Kai backwards.

"Woah, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe!" Kai exclaims.

Uncle Wu steps forward, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the four ninja, as well as your sister."

"Great, now that that lesson is over, how about some target practice," Cole says, an evil smirk playing across his lips.

I quickly catch onto his plan and grin. "On Kai!"

Kai sends me a quick glare before standing back up. Uncle just shakes his head. "You will each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya," He says.

Lloyd frowns. "Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?"

Uncle sighs. "Patience. It will be unlocked when the key is ready to be found."

With another groan of annoyance, Lloyd slowly walks out of the apartment to meet Nya on the roof for Dragon training. I cant help but giggle as he goes, memories of Kai's same whininess playing through my mind. I skip over to Kai and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Sounds familiar," I mumble into his shirt.

Kai playfully pushes away my embrace and scoffs. "I wasn't that whiny."

"No, you were worse," Zane says, prompting giggles to erupt from Cole, Jay, and I.

"Guys, I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but its hard to give him the best training in these conditions," Jay says once we calm down.

"Jay's right. I miss the Destiny's Bounty. Too bad it's gone," Cole says.

Uncle Wu hums thoughtfully. "I see your point. Perhaps we could find somewhere else to aid his journey."

        ~

"This is where Lloyd is going to train?" Cole says, disgust heavy in his voice.

"It's better than our dumpy apartment," I reply. I take Lloyd's hand and lead him inside.

The room is quite simple. A few punching bags, a large beige mat, a nice sized window viewing the street, and a wall of trophies. After my short evaluation, my eyes fall on a man in brown robes, standing behind a beaded doorway. His hair is styled to perfection and a gold chain hangs around his neck, drawing attention to the chest hairs the peak out from under his robes. He's fit enough, though he clearly eats more than he should.

"Welcome to Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo. I am Grand Sensei Dareth, and I Dareth you to join my dojo," he says.

He lets out a loud 'heeya' and does a spin kick. That spin kick is quickly followed by a multitude of uncoordinated punches and kicks that ultimately get him tangled up in the beads behind him. Lloyd gives me a concerned look, to which I can only sigh. We turn back to face Dareth, who had detangled himself from the beads.

"Face the wall of karate trophies. If you look closely, my name is on all of them. That is because I am a highly skilled karate machine," he continues, motioning towards the wall of trophies I saw earlier. Talk about cocky.

Kai shakes his head and steps forward. "Look, Dareth, we're wondering if we could share your dojo. You see, we've been put in charge of training this little guy--" He motions to Lloyd-- "to become the greatest Ninja in all of Ninjago."