Episode 3 - Jealous

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE

        ~

The other elementals seem to like to show off their powers. A burly man with large metal fits is repeatedly punching an empty oil can; an older man with a funny turban wrapped around his head is sitting crisscross, floating a few feet off the ground; a man with a big bushy beard taps his staff to the ground to produce bright green vines; a man with an afro and 70's style glasses sits plucking a blue banjo, which produces visible soundwaves. None of these people, I notice, are as young as us, except maybe the red haired girl in orange.

"You know him," Lloyd says, watching as Clouse walks by with two of the thugs we fought earlier tonight. "You said his name's Clouse."

"Don't be fooled by his attire," Dad says. "He is a Master of Dark Arts and Master Chen's number two."

"Huh, I thought Master Chen's number two was an eggroll and fried rice," Cole jokes.

"Why haven't you or Wu ever told us there are others with powers like us?" Kai asks.

"Because there are some things we don't want you to know," Dad replies. "You were led to believe you were special, yet you never questioned where your powers come from."

"Are you implying that I'm not special?" Jay asks, placing his hands on his hips.

I cross my arms and smirk. "Of course your special, Jay. Just, not this kind of special."

The boys laugh while Jay glares. Dad continues:

"Everyone on this ship is a descendant of an original Elemental Master."

"Elemental Master?" Lloyd says. "Who were they?"

"They were the First Spinjitzu Master's guardians, each endowed with an Elemental Power that has passed down through generations."

"If that is true, than so is my sister Nya," Kai points out. "But she cant do what I can."

"Can't she?" Dad replies mysteriously. "Power lies in all of you. It only needs to be awoken. The fighters here serve no master and have managed to unlock their own True Potential. For instance, that Paleman." He points to an invisible figure wearing a red suit and a hat. "A distant relative to the Master of Light. Watch Closely and you'll see how he's stayed hidden all these years." The suit and hat that the man is wearing suddenly disappears as well. At the same time, there's a flash of white light and the rush of wind as someone very fast runs by. "Then there's Griffin Turner. Grandson to the Master of Speed."

Griffin runs over to us, smirking. "You cant lay a hand on me. I'm faster than fast, swifter than swift."

"Are you Lightning McQueen?" I ask.

Griffin glares at me then speeds away.

"Uh, Master of Speed?" Jay scoffs. "That's not an element."

"So asks the Master of Lightning," Dad says.

"Oh snap!" Cole exclaims. "He got you there!"

"And, uh, who's she?" Kai asks, pointing to the girl in orange.

She looks back at us, smiling sweetly. I cant help but glare at her, my blood boiling.

Dad watches Kai disapprovingly. "I don't know.

"Most of these people I have not seen. But they will all be gunning for you. You are Ninja. You serve with honor. Here, that means very little."

"Well, maybe honor means something to me," Kai retorts.

He leaves our side and goes down to the girl in orange, who is now being poked and prodded by the guy with big metal fists. My nose flares and I narrow my eyes as I watch the scene unfold. The metal man turns towards Kai, grunting like a caveman.