Episode 16 - Hero

It doesn't take long to fix the Ultra Sonic Radar and add an extra seat. Nya and Lloyd take to the skies in  Nya's Samurai Mech while I ride with the boys to Ninjago City. The last time I was here, the citizens strolled casually through the street. Now they sprint in every direction, screaming in fear.  We find the Devourer in the Central Park. It slithers dangerously close to Jay's Parent's car, which doesn't seem to be starting.

With a shout of fury, Jay jumps from our vehicle and zaps the snake with a bolt of lightning. It lets out a hiss of annoyance before turning and slithering in the opposite direction. Kai meets it and sends a ball of fire at it's face. Before the Devourer can recover, Cole throws a News van at it. The news reporters cheer while we regroup. The snake lets out a roar and swings at us with its claw like tale, but Zane freezes it before it lands it's blow. The Devourer shakes its tale free of the ice shards and lets out another angry roar.

"Uh, I think we only made it mad," Jay says.

"No shit, Sherlock," I growl. The devourer swings its tail down on us again. We barely have time to jump away as its smashes the tree we were standing under.

It roars again and wheels around to face me, teeth bared. It lunges forward, but I instinctively summon a ball of purple and black energy and throw it at the snake. The ball explodes when it collides with Devourer, knocking the snake backward. But that only made it angrier. The Devourer spins in circles, smashing anything in its way. Unfortunately, that included us.

The Devourer grins down at our stupefied forms. When it goes to lunge, it gets whacked in the face with a light pole. I let out a laugh of relief when Nya and Lloyd fly into view, wielding the light pole. They repeatedly smack the snake, allowing us time to get back to our feet and out of the way.

"Samurai to the rescue, again!" Jay exclaims.

Nya manages to wedge the light pole between the Devourer's jaws, holding its mouth open. The Devourer lets out a roar of anger and lunges upward, shaking its head back and fourth. Nya lets out a shriek when the Devourer traps her and Lloyd between the pole and  it's throat.

"It's breath smells worse than Cole's chili!" Lloyd yells.

Cole gasps. "Hey!"

"Get out of there, Sis!" Kai yells.

"I cant! I'm stuck!" Nya wails.

I shut my eyes tight and summon a ball of energy to my hands. I reopen my eyes and pull my arms back to throw it. Zane jumps in front of me before I can release it, shoving my hands to the ground. "Don't! You could hit Nya and Lloyd," he says.

I look at Zane, then back up at the Nya and Lloyd, who hang precariously in the jaws of the Devourer. "There's no choice!"

I make to throw the ball of purple energy, but before I do, the Devourer's head lurches forward and a four headed dragon flies out from behind it. Cole lets out a squeal of joy. "Rocky!"

"It's our dragons!" Jay shouts.

"It appears Dragons go though metamorphosis when they reach adulthood. They too have found their True Potential," Zane says.

Cole laughs. "They couldn't have come at a better time. Go get them, Rocky! Go!"

The Ultra Dragon swoops towards the Devourer and the white striped head breathes ice, freezing the Devourer's neck. "Ice!" Zane shouts.

The Ultra Dragon flies high into the air and the red striped head lets out a wave of fire, striking the Devourer in the jaw. "Fire!" Kai yells.

The Ultra Dragon plummets back down and the blue striped head zaps the Devourer's side. "Lightning!" Jay cries.