Episode 1 - Thrills in the Night

It's been a year. A whole fucking year.

I've hardly seen anybody. Lloyd has been in Ninjago these past few months to try and manage the rising crime rates. Jay and Cole have been seeking out different monk monasteries to try and look for clues. Nya has been back and forth between her parents house and various undercover missions. Kai and Zane have been managing crime in small villages surrounding Ninjago. Meanwhile, Lily and I have been undercover in Stiix.

For the past eight months, I have been living under Ronan's roof. The idea is that Lily and I, acting as his interns, will grow comfortable with the mob bosses in the surrounding area (there's a surprising amount based here) and hopefully learn information regarding the whereabouts of my Uncle. The assumption is that if he's still alive, he's likely been taken captive.

The task hasn't been easy. Considering I'm a very well known Spinjitzu Master, daughter of Lord Garmadon, and half of the Gold-Silver Duo, and that Lily looks just like me, we've had to undergo some physical changes. We both dyed our hair. My once platinum locks are now an ash brown color, and Lily has opted for a mousy, dirty blonde look. She also has been using self-tanner religiously, and I reapply fake freckles at least once a week. If you hadn't met us personally, it'd be very difficult to tell who we are.

Our wardrobe has also had to change to mirror our supposed status. No more silk robes and uniforms for us. Nowadays, we're dressed in wool slacks and t-shirts, and the only silk we ever get to where is when we go out at night.

It's safe to say I've been miserable.

I don't like taking orders from Ronan. I don't like the things Lily thinks are fun. I don't like being so far away from those that I love most. I don't like not being able to be me.

"Tasha!"

The light flips on and I flinch at the sudden brightness. "What do you want, Ronan?"

"Why aren't you ready yet? You and Lily are supposed to leave in fifteen minutes."

I can't help but role my eyes. "Networking," as Ronan and Lily call it, is my least favorite part of the day. The point is to go out at night and join in on the parades and bar crawls and keg events and make friends with those who host them. Its all a scheme to get close to the big bad bosses of Stiix, but in reality we're just partying.

"Unlike Lily, I only need fifteen minutes to get ready," I say, sitting up and swinging my legs over the side of my bed.

Ronan glares at me, shakes his head, and then exits the room. I proceed to get ready.

Contrary to my daytime outfit, my night garb is very flashy and revealing. A black bralette with a sheer violet top and black jeans are what I wear tonight. Ronan makes us wear makeup, so I've learned to master the fox-eye look. The only thing that I get to wear that's actually mine are my combat boots. Of course, I hide my daggers in them--you can never be too safe around here.

My phone dings and I grab it, knowing exactly who the message is from.

"Goodnight baby," Kai wrote with two heart emoji's at the end.

"If only I could sleep," I replied.

Kai knows every detail of my night life, including how much I hate it. He's constantly encouraging me to embrace it, saying how he wishes he could be there with me. The thing is, we're coming to the age where normal kids would be starting college. Despite all our arduous training and vigorous composure, we still have those adolescent desires to get into trouble.

"Just think how great sleep will be when you come back," he says.

He doesn't know the half of it.