Episode 16 - End of the World as We Know It

"Twenty noodle trucks have been spotted heading toward Ninjago City, just fifty clicks away," Nya announces as soon as we reenter the compound.

"Let me guess, they ain't hauling noodles," says Cole.

"Twenty trucks could hold two hundred Anacondrai," Nya says. "If they get to the city before we do, the city will be theirs."

"And they'll have achieved the pivotal first foothold in the war," Dad adds.

"We have to stop them," says Lloyd.

"I've already warned the others to head them off at the pass," Nya continues. "They should be able to hold the line until you offer support. I had them equip themselves so we could communicate."

Shade's face appears on screen. "We're in position. If they show up, we'll be sure to put up a fight," he says.

"They're coming to your location soon," Nya says.

"I see them," Shade says. "Lets show them what we're made of."

There is a long moment of silence, all we can see is Shade's hardened face. Then suddenly his mouth falls open and his eyes widen in panic.

"The trucks! They're going every which way!"

"What do you mean?" Jay yells. "Aren't they going to Ninjago city?"

"I don't know where they're going, but they ain't going together," Shade replies.

"There are over twelve densely populated villages within a ten-click radius," Mom says worriedly.

"They aren't planning to launch one attack," Kai says in realization," they're planning multiple."

"What do we do?" Shade asks. "You told us to stay together."

"Chen knows he cant take you all on at once," Dad says. "He's trying to split you up."

"But even if just one of those trucks makes it to a village, the people wont be able to defend themselves," Mom argues.

"We have to protect the people," Lloyd decides. "Tell the Elemental Fighters we have to split up. We'll each intercept a truck and stop it from reaching those villages."

"What ever happened to 'we fight as one'?" Jay argues.

"This isn't a vote Jay," I say, shaking my head. "This is stopping the end of our world as we know it."

~

Lloyd and I fly east towards Jamanakai Village, tailing two noodle trucks. Lloyd sends a burst of energy towards the mountain and it blocks the path of the second truck, but the first truck still continues. I throw a ball of energy at the bridge into the village and it crumbles; the truck comes to a screeching halt, then backs up and continues in a different direction.

"I'll follow that one, you stay with this one," Lloyd shouts.

I nod and he takes off after the last truck.

I fly my dragon back to the wreckage of the first truck and drop down beside it. The snake inside hisses with displeasure as I yank him from the drivers seat. I snatch his key and open up the trunk. But there are no snakes inside-- there aren't even noodles.

The snake beside me hisses happily and I glare at him. "Where are the others," I growl.

"You're too late," he replies, grinning. "The others are already taking the East coast."

"Son of a bitch," I say under my breath. "This was your plan all along!"

The snake laughs evilly and I summon my dragon again, climbing on and taking off after Lloyd. But when I finally catch up to him, he is on his knees infront of another empty truck.