Episode 6 - Don't Cry

It had been a few days since Lloyd and I gave up the power of the First Spinjitzu Master and there has been nothing in terms of the Overlord. We did intercept an encrypted message, but nothing that could tell us whether or not he was alive, so most of us assumed he wasn't. Since we had so much free time, Nya suggested that Kai and I go on a date. That's where we are now.

Kai and I sit across from each other in a small restaurant off the side of the gas station. We ordered a plate of nachos and then sat in silence for a while. It was very awkward and I began to wonder if this was really a good idea.

"Tasha," Kai says.

"Yes?"

"Did you hear what I just said?"

"No, sorry," I say, cheeks heating up slightly.

"I said you look nice today."

I glance down at my outfit: a purple tank top and a pair of grey sweatpants. There is nothing nice about how I look. There is no makeup on my face and my hair has been thrown up into a very messy ponytail. He's just trying to be nice.

"Thanks," I say. Then I add, "You look nice too." But he doesn't look nice, he's wearing his Ninja suit because he's technically still on call.

"Do you like the nachos?"

"Yeah, they're good." I pick up a chip and take a bite, giving him a smile as if to prove my sincerity.

"Tasha, I think we need to have a serious talk," Kai says.

"Why?" I ask, even though I know exactly why.

"Tasha, you can't tell my you don't feel it too."

I swallow hard. "Feel what."

"How not okay we are. Yes me made up and then we made out, but nothing changed and you know it."

I sigh looking down at my folded hands. "Do we have to do this here?"

"Tasha, it's literally just us."

"Okay, fine," I say angrily. "You want to know how I feel? I feel like I'm loosing you."

Kai blinks, taken aback. "Tasha, you're not-"

"Oh, but I am! We love each other, yes, but our bond isn't the same. We're drifting apart, Kai, and I don't know what to do about it."

Kai doesn't say anything, he just stares at me. I take another chip and shove it angrily into my mouth. I've already decided that I will not cry. No matter how much I want to, I will not cry. I've spent too much time crying over us and our problems.

"I saw you," Kai says suddenly. "When I was in the digiverse. We were fighting the overlord. All the others were turning gold, but I couldn't figure it out. Then I saw you in the distance. You were laying on the ground, barely alive. You looked up at me, reached your hand out, then you collapsed. And suddenly I was golden too, and I could fight the Overlord, because if I didn't I would loose you, and I knew I couldn't live if I lost you."

I blink at him. I didn't know what to say. I knew that I had seen him, but I didn't know he could see me too. It hurt to think about how he must've felt. He told me, but I know that wasn't the full extent of it. But I will not cry.

"Well," I say, "you didn't loose me."

"I know, I just-"

"Kai, I need you," Pixal's voice carried through the open window.

"Not now, Pixal," Kai says, glaring outside at his car.

I shake my head. "No, Kai, go. It must be important if she contacted you."