Episode 6 - Bigger Problems

We didn't find Zane until almost midnight. He was unconscious at the bottom of a cannon. We had to lower the gurney to get him into the Bounty. Now he's plugged into the computer in the control room, which monitors his energy inputs and outputs. So far, they seem to be steady, but there's no telling what other internal damage has been done.

"How bad is it?" Lloyd asks, running his fingers across Zane's arm.

"He has extensive damage to all systems," Pixal says. "His neutral net and cognitive cores suffered severe failures."

"Can you save him?" says Nya.

"I've diverted power to critical life functions, but Zane will have to do most of the work. He must reconfigure his system and reboot himself."

"Isn't there anything we can do?" asks Princess Harumi. Out of all of us, she's the most shaken up about this.

"We have to keep moving or the Sons of Garmadon will find us," says Lloyd. "They'll do anything to get their hands on the child."

"I just don't get how a baby can be a key," says Kai.

"I don't either," Cole says, "but that's what they said. They called him the key to the third mask."

"If Cole's right, we need to disappear," I say. "Get as far away from Ninjago City as we can."

Jay hums, scratching his chin. "Doesn't seem right. Abandoning Ninjago City."

"We're not abandoning," says Lily. "There are others who will protect her."

"Like who?"

"There's always Samurai X," says Nya. "Whoever that is."

"Whoever it is, they're going to have to cover for us until we get a handle on things," says Lloyd. "Pixal, Set a new course. Anywhere but here."

        ~

Lily shoves me into Nya's room, scanning the hall behind her before shutting and locking the door. I cross my arms and glare at her.

"What is so important that you had to pull me from my training?"

She presses a finger to her lips, running to the other end of the room to check that the windows are locked. She closes the curtains.

"Lily, what is your deal?"

She grabs the pillows off Nya's bed and piles them over the vents.

"Okay, now you're just being weird."

"Shut it," she whisper-yells. She runs back to the door and stuffs a towel in the gap at the bottom.

I grab her shoulders and spin her around so she's facing me. "What is going on?"

"I think I know who the Quiet One is."

"What?"

"Shh. This has to stay between you and me. You can't tell Kai and you especially can't tell Lloyd."

A peculiar request, but I nod for her to continue.

"It's Harumi."

Not so peculiar anymore. Totally absurd.

"What the hell, Lily! You can't go around making accusations like that."

"Shush!" She whacks my shoulder. "Just listen to me, I can explain."

I cross my arms and shift all my weight to one hip. "Alright, go on."

"When I was in the Sons of Garmadon's base, Jasper let slip that--"