Episode 14 - Sailor's Superstition

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kai asks.

"Perfectly fine," I sigh. "Other than hearing that super ominous phrase, nothing."

"You were out for seven hours," Cole points out.

"And?" I retort. "I was out for an entire week once."

"Wait, what?" Lloyd shouts. "When was that?"

"When we traveled back in time," I reply with a shrug. He furrows his eyebrows. "Never mind, I'm fine, okay! Let's just work on fixing the ship."

"Ugh! This useless pile of junk!" Jay, the only person who was actually doing what we were supposed to do, shouts.

"Oh, it's worse than I feared," Nya groans, jumping down onto the rafters. "The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain. Oh, sorry guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon."

"So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks!" Cole says.

"Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?" Jay grumbles.

"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them," Kai groans. "I hate feeling helpless."

"We mustn't give up hope, Kai," Uncle says as he and Zane approach.

"But the Stone Army is indestructible," Lloyd replies. "You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down."

"That's not entirely true. There is a way to defeat them, and it is told within the scrolls," Mom says. She leads us inside and unrolls a scroll painted in bright colors. "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja."

"I tried. I gave them everything I had," Lloyd says downheartedly.

"Yes, but you're stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Green Ninja can only be unlocked when his four protectors find their own pure elemental powers."

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asks.

Jay rolls his eyes. "Silly question. Of course we are. Right?"

"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our elemental powers without them," Zane says.

"Sure you can," I scoff. They all turn to me with raised eyebrows.

"She is right," Mom says. "The powers do exist within each of you. And there is a way to unlock your powers on your own. We must go to the Temple of Light."

"Temple of Light? What's that?" Nya asks.

"The gold in the Golden Weapons was from the Golden Peaks, but they were forged in the Temple fo Light, a powerful place I thought only existed in legend," Mom explains.

"It's on the Dark Island?" I ask, though it sounds more like a statement.

Mom nods. "I think our only choice is to find out."

"So we get our powers back?" Cole concludes. "All right!"

"But there's still one big problem," Nya says, "the bounty cant fly."

"It's a ship, right?" Mom replies. "Cant it sail?

       ~

"You know," I say to Kai as we board the ship, "it's Sailor's Superstition that women bring bad luck on ships."

"Really?" Kai says.

"Yep."

"Looks like you and Nya cant come along then," he teases.