Episode 2 - Morro the Not-So-Friendly Ghost

"Step aside," says Lloyd, but it's not his voice, its deeper and meaner.

"Lloyd, what's wrong with you?" asks Jay, taking a few cautious steps forward.

"I want a word with your master," Lloyd replies darkly.

"Woah, Lloyd's gone through puberty?" says Jay, confused.

"What's gotten into him?" Cole wonders.

"I sense some kind of foreign entity has take over his body," says Zane. "So the question isn't what, but who's gotten into him?"

"Whoever you are, whatever beef you had with Sensei, you have with us," Kai declares.

I grit my teeth and shout, "Give me back my brother!"

Lloyd's possessor cracks his neck and laughs.

"How are we supposed to fight a friend?" Cole asks.

"Let me show you!"

Lloyd's hair suddenly turns as black as coal and his skin turns a sickly greenish color. He charges towards us and summons a gust of wind, knocking us all to the ground.

"Great! We don't have our powers, but he does!" Jay yells.

The boys all charge at Lloyd, but whoever is possessing him is a skillful fighter and he easily knocks them all away. I stay put.

"We may not have powers," Cole shouts, "but we still know a little thing called Spinjitzu!"

Cole Spinjitzu's towards Lloyd, but the possessor uses wind to send him flying away.

"So not only does he have powers, but he can control the wind too?"

Jay tries to spinjitzu towards him as well, but he too gets knocked away by the wind.

"Our spinjitzu is worthless against the wind," Kai says while Zane steps forward with his shurikens.

"Shurikens?" says the possessor. "Cute. Try this on for size!"

He uses the wind to snap the windmill apart. He lifts it, spinning, high into the air before he sends it crashing down on us. I lift my hands up and catch it in a ball of dark energy. I send the broken windmill flying into the mountain behind our shop, but while I was busy with that, the possessor sent forth another gust of wind and sent us all flying again.

I'm the first to stand back up, pulling out my daggers as I do so.

"So you're the purple ninja," says the possessor angrily. "I didn't realize you had gotten half the golden power, otherwise I would've called you to the museum too."

I throw my daggers and he summons another gust of wind to stop them, but my daggers have been laced with dark energy, so they continue their course. One dagger scratches Lloyd's left leg and the other scratches his right cheek.

"You're pretty powerful," says the possessor. "But you cant defeat me."

"And what makes you think that?" I growl.

"I have your brother."

The intensity of the battle suddenly disappeared. The wind seemed to die down and my muscles unintentionally relaxed.

He was right, he does have Lloyd. I cannot fight my brother, not in the way that I need to fight him in order to win. I am powerless against whoever this is, not because they're stronger, but because I will not do anything to seriously harm the only person that's been there for me.

Begrudgingly, I lower my hands, which were previously holding a ball of energy. With a triumphant smirk, the possessor saunters past everyone and into the tea shop.