Episode 5 - Temporary Master Lloyd in Training

Lloyd went to go check on Uncle again. Lily is busy cooking dinner and the boys are out in the yard training, waiting to hear any news. Nya is still at the Samurai Cave trying to fix Zane and I'm . . . well, I'm doing nothing. But to be fair there's nothing really for me to do. The snakes have been strangely quiet these past couple days, Wu isn't getting any better, and I'm still not allowed to reveal the true nature of his ailment to the others. We're at a stalemate.

"Tash, how was that? Tash? Tasha!"

I blink away my thoughts and look Jay in the eye. He's been sparring with Cole and I'm supposed to be critiquing their skill, but really I've just been zoning out and contemplating how I'm going to be their leader if Wu really does die.

"Sorry, um, Cole you could focus on controlling your punches a little better, and Jay, you could be a little quicker. Now again."

They start fighting again, chatting and theorizing as they do. My mind drifts again and I lose their conversation entirely.

Another thing that'll fall onto my shoulders if Uncle passes is Lloyd's sensei-ship. I've been helping a little with his training so far, but it's mostly been in Wu's hands. He's been coaching him through the values of a sensei, how to be a teacher, how to find inner peace. I've just been giving tips and tricks here and there. I'm afraid I haven't been a sensei long enough to truly be able to teach him all that he needs to know. And if I manage to, it definitely wont be as thoroughly as it would if Wu taught him. What if I mess up his training entirely and he becomes a terrible sensei?

"Kai, Kai!" My focus returns to the boys as Cole shouts my boyfriend's name. "You okay? You haven't been the same since you squared off against Krux? Did . . . did he do something?"

"More like said something," Kai growls. He shakes his head. "No. Nothing. I'm fine."

"Good, 'cause I was just saying it's time to stop guessing and to start fighting."

"So you're saying we capture one of those snake guys and bring him back here for Wu to question?"

If only that would work.

"I just want to fight somebody," says Cole, "but okay, we could do that too."

"That plan won't work," says Lloyd as he walks out into the courtyard.

"Why not?"

"Because Master Wu still hasn't recovered from his battle with Acronix. He rambles, he passes out. I think he's a lot more hurt than he lets on."

I wish I could tell Lloyd he's correct. Warn him about the inevitable. It would make this all easier.

"Oh, great!" says Kai. "All this and now we have no leader either?"

"Uh, that's not exactly true," Lloyd says looking at me. The other three follow his gaze. "With Wu out of commission, the logical successor would be--"

I can't do this.

"The Green Ninja," I say, cutting him off. All of them stare at me like I've grown a second head. "Look, I know I'm already a Sensei, but Lloyd needs the experience. It's the perfect opportunity, and it would please Wu when he wakes up. I'll help out of course, and I'll guide him when he needs it, but for now, you three answer to Master Lloyd."

"Master Lloyd?" Cole scrunches his face like he's tasted something bad.

"Temporary Master Lloyd," says Kai, crossing his arms disapprovingly.

"In training," adds Jay.

"Okay, Temporary Master Lloyd in Training, we mere Ninja await your words of wisdom," says Cole, and I have half a mind to smack him upside the head. "Which I assume involves kicking some butt till we get a few answers, right?"