Episode 7 - One Way Trip

I never wondered what it would be like to feel weightless. I never thought it would be something I'd experience in my life, so I didn't often dwell on the idea. Weightlessness is definitely not something I like very much. I feel powerless, light, and unnaturally free. So free, in fact, that I struggle to control my body, and I am usually a very coordinated person. This is a feeling I never thought I would experience and wish I never had.

"Is this the greatest thing ever or what?" Jay says excitedly. He really seems to enjoy being weightless.

"Where are you? We're trapped in space and you... where did you go?" Kai exclaims.

"Guys, we're in space! I thought this is stuff only Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy!"

"Fritz is from a comic book, dude," Lloyd says, annoyed. "This is real!"

"Well, you got me hooked on the character," Jay replies sassily. "Would you lighten up and not step on my dreams of being a real Starfarer just yet?"

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship," I say. "If they get the Golden Weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance."

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship," Kai says. "The only way out is through the same airlock we came in."

"And if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away, in the negative sense," Zane says.

Jay continues to float around joyously, doing flips in tricks while Lloyd struggles to stay upright. Zane swims over to the computer system.

"Enjoy it while you can, Jay," he says, "because in five minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplemental boosters are set to detach."

"I'm a ninja, not an astronaut. What does that mean?" Kai says.

"The portion of the ship we are currently stationed will soon detach and we will abandoned in space with it."

The screen Zane's on glitches and the diagram disappears, replaced with a picture of Nya, Dad, and Uncle all wearing headsets.

"Hello? Kai? Anyone? Can you read me?" Nya says.

"We read you loud and clear," Kai says, swimming towards the screen.

"They're alive," Dad says, relieved.

"Good to hear you guys. We're going to get you home safe," Uncle says. "Pixal was able to find the blueprints for the rocket. You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship is an A2 storage compartment. Inside are spacesuits."

"That will be a doozy. We cant get the spacesuits unless we go outside," Cole says. "Problem is, we cant go outside without the spacesuits. Any suggestions?"

I snicker. "Did you just say doozy?"

"Shut up."

"They are completely out of their element," Dad whisper shouts. "Even if they get through this, what chance do we have of getting them home?"

"Uh, we can still hear you," Kai says, glaring at the screen."

"Yeah, we could really use some encouraging words right about now," says Lloyd, who is still floating around uncontrollably behind us.

"If you cannot change your circumstances, change yourself," Uncle says.

"Can anyone else figure that one out?" Kai says unsurely.

"His wisdom usually takes a while to set in, but we don't have a while!" Jay exclaims.

"Yeah, not the time for cryptic messages," I say, crossing my arms.