Episode 15 - Big Snake

"No!" I scream, struggling to escape Kai's grip on my hand. My outburst draws the Devourer's attention to us.

Jay grabs my shoulder, slowly helping Kai pull me back under the 'safety' of the archway. "Maybe if we stand perfectly still..."

"Run!" Kai shouts. He pulls me aggressively from Jay and drags me down the corridor, back towards the bounty.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Jay squeals.

We run like hell to the bounty. The ship is just starting up when we climb aboard. We race into the Bridge to find Nya and Lloyd frantically pressing buttons to get out ship in the air. Jay is the last one to roll in. He lands right in front of the computer screen, which displays the Devourer slithering towards us at full speed.

"Uh, hate to tell you this, but objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!" he screams.

Nya sends him a quick glare. "Working on it! Blasters on full!"

Just as the Devourer lunges to eat us, we speed away. I let out a sigh of relief as the image of the devourer gets smaller and smaller as we go faster and faster. Kai lets go of my hand and races to look out the back window.

"Woo-hoo! Take that, you stupid snake!" he shouts. Following his words, the snake bursts out of the ground in front of us.

"I think it heard you!" Jay yells. Nya spins the wheel, turning the ship to the side in order to avoid the teeth of the Devourer.

"Nya, we gotta go faster. That thing is gaining on us!" Kai shouts.

"We're going as fast as we can. I'll try to make it to Scatter Canyon," she replies.

"Probability of us making it that far is less than eight percent!" Zane says.

Nya groans. "Never tell me the odds!"

"It's coming for another attack!" Cole yells. "Port side!"

The boat lurches right again to avoid the snake's attack. "We're loosing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon," Lloyd wails.

"Throw everything overboard," I say. The boys turn to look at me like I have four arms. I sigh exasperatedly, trying hard not to sound snarky with my explanation. "We need to loose some weight."

"Port side!" Lloyd shrieks. We turn right again to avoid the Devourer.

The boys and I rush from the bridge and throw everything we can overboard. Cole throws the fridge, Jay throws a bunch of chairs, Zane throws an electronical thing, Kai throws Uncle's teapot; the Devourer eats all of it. We begin to gain speed while the Devourer grows bigger.

"Man, he sure is hungry. Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay says.

Cole's eyes widen, as do mine. "The more it consumes, the bigger it gets!" he shouts.

"Don't throw anything else overboard!" I add.

"We made it to Scatter Canyon. Hold on!" Nya announces.

Our ship lurches right, nearly knocking me overboard. Cole grabs my hand and pulls me into the Bridge by my brother. Jay lets out a small shriek as a 3D image of the devourer jumps from the computer screen. Everyone but Kai is now in the Bridge. After many winding turns, the Devourer is nowhere to be seen.

"We lost him!" Cole says in relief. He spoke too soon. The Devourer came crashing down on us, it's claw-like tail ripping the sails and destroying the rocket boosters.

"Abandon ship!" Nya cries as the vessel begins to fall to the ground.

I grab Lloyd's hand, pulling him harshly towards the door. We exit the Bridge just as the Bounty collides with the ground. The force of impact sends us tumbling down the stairs. I barely notice Jay catapulting through the window. My focus is getting Lloyd out. Nya lands in her Samurai Mech beside me. She scoops me and my brother up before following the boys away from our wrecked ship. We land in a nearby cave and turn just in time to watch the Devourer swallow the Bounty hole.