Episode 10 - Dirty Alliance

The next day there was a grand feast to celebrate the nine of us that remain in the battle. It's sort of crazy to think that twelve have already been eliminated, but I'm also sort of thankful that I wasn't one of those twelve.

Kabukis walk around, carrying plates of the most unusual dishes for us to try. Meanwhile, we all converse quietly amongst ourselves, attempting to form an alliance.

"Try the Horned Wasp eggs," says Chen enthusiastically. "Delicious!"

"I'll pass," Lloyd says, scrunching up his nose.

"Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja," Chen says with a scoff. "This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the nine of you making it to the second round." The Kabukis giggle girlishly, clapping their hands for Chen. "And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over the Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" The Kabuki's laugh again, but Chen isn't satisfied. "Laugh harder!" The Kabukis' voices raises in pitch as they clap more ferociously and Chen lets out a sadistic little chuckle.

"You can relax, Lloyd," says Kai. "Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance."

"I tried to enlist Shadow," Griffin whispers across the table, "but that dude's throwing some serious shade."

"Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board," says Dad. "Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome."

A little while later, the Kabukis come out with fortune cookies and Chen starts to giggle with glee. "Fortune cookies! Bring them to me!" he exclaims. Clouse whispers something to him and he puts the one he had just picked up back on the tray and stands to address us all.

"It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power," Chen says brightly. "I am!"

An eruption of shocked whispers rushes through the table. I narrow my eyes. He wouldn't admit something like that; he's up to something.

"But it's all for this staff." He claps his hands and the Kabukis start to wave their fans infront of his face. "No, no, not you staff. I mean my real staff." A door behind us opens to reveal Chens snake staff with the giant blue gem. The Kabukis quickly retrieve it for him.

"The Staff of Elements," he continues. "It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history of Ninjago."

Once again, hushed whispers run through the table, except this time they're excited. It makes my blood boil.

"You lie!" I yell, standing up and pounding my fist on the table. "What about the spell?"

"Spell?" Clouse inquire connivingly. "What spell?"

"Don't believe him!" I growl, "it's another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it. Tell them what you saw, Neuro."

Clouse narrows his eyes and we all turn to Neuro, who glances around doubtfully. "I-I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff."

"And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say," Griffin says accusingly. "How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?"

I narrow my eyes and everything around me turns to a nasty shade of purple, almost like a purple lens was put over my face. I start to slowly stalk towards Griffin, fingers and arms tingling as dark tendrils of energy snake around them.