Episode 6 - Battle on the Beach

"Remember, I'm in charge. We're not stealing the Scroll, we're returning it to the library after we learn Airjitzu," says Jay while we climb across the rooftops of the village of Stixx.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Cole says in a sing-song voice.

"And we're Ninja! Let's keep it quiet," Jay adds in a far from quiet tone.

I roll my eyes as the boys whisper-shout, "Ninjago!" and we continue to traipse across the roofs. Everything's going well, until Jay falls through one of the roofs. A lady screams, shouting, "Get out of here, you blue weirdo!" Jay climbs back onto the roof, face all read beneath his mask.

"Let's try to be a little more quiet, shall we? Last I remember, we're Ninja."

I shake my head at him and continue on ahead to Ronin's shop. The boys think it will be a good idea to burst through the front door. I disagree, but Jay's the leader so whatever he says goes--atleast for the boys. I'm technically a few levels ahead of him rank and skill wise, so I'll be doing whatever I want. While they screw around with the front door, I climb in through the back window, shuffling through the back of the shop until I spot Ronin. But he's not alone. Morrow and his ghost goonie have Ronin cornered.

"Where's the Scroll of Airjitzu?" Morrow demands in that void-like voice that echoes in my scull.

"The Scroll of Who-watzu? Hey, love the Armor. A little dinged up, but I'll make you a fair offer."

Morro will not have any of Ronin's games. He picks him up by the neck of his shirt and shoves him against the wall.

"I'll tell you what I told the Ninja, it's not here! But I can get it for . . . five hundred?" Ronin's voice trails until its nothing but a meek squeak.

"You're supposed to pick the lock, not try to bite it off!"

Uh oh.

"Ugh, if I had my powers, I'd zap it, after I zap you!"

"Hel--" Morro quickly covers Ronin's mouth, cutting him off.

"Hide. Let them find it, then take it," says Morrow, and then they drag Ronin towards the back room--towards me.

I sidestep around the corner, ducking behind on old leather coat that's hanging on the wall. The two ghosts and Ronin rush past me, not noticing a thing. The sound of glass shattering comes from the other room, followed by four heavy thuds, marking the arrival of four heavy boys.

"Great, now we're already on the hook for breaking and entering," Cole shouts, agitated.

"I don't like sneaking around in the dark any more than you do, so lets just find the Scroll, and get out of here," says Kai.

"Hey, when you guys were leaders, you never heard me complain. And if you don't like sneaking around, why become a Ninja? And leave no stone unturned. The faster we find the Scroll, the faster we can work on the next clue that will lead us to the tomb. Then we save Lloyd, and it will be all because of me."

"Ah, I found it!" Cole cries.

Jay gasps. "You found the scroll?"

"No, but I found my father's trophy. I'm taking it back. He danced hard for this."

Any hope I had for these four dinguses is lost.

A loud, melodic chime, almost like a piano--no, an organ, sounds from the other room. Then Jay screams.

"Holy pipes! The organ's got me!"

"It's possessed by a Ghost! I forgot what we're supposed to do!" Cole exclaims.