Episode 5 - The Truth

The Emperor and Empress didn't make it. Neither did Hutchins. A solemn silence sits in the air. We left Harumi to grieve for a little while. She's holed up in mine and Lily's room. Meanwhile Nya flies the ship out over the ocean, only landing it once she's determined we're far enough away from Ninago.

"Is this where we'll be living?" Harumi asks, joining the rest of us in the control room around midday.

"Just until we know you're safe," says Lloyd.

"Don't you have a headquarters?"

"It's too in-the-open," I say, resting my hand on her shoulder. "The Sons of Garmadon will be looking for you. We'll need to keep moving."

"So, Harumi, looks like we're gonna be roomies for a while," says Cole in an attempt to cheer her up.

"You have all been so gracious to take me in since our palace was . . . taken away, and--"

"You're safe with us," Jay says.

"That assumption is not entirely justified, Jay," says Zane. "We know very little about the Sons of Garmadon's capabilities."

"We know nothing about them. Period," says Kai.

"We do know they're after the three Oni masks," says Nya. "Unfortunately, they already have two of them."

"Pixal scanned everywhere for the third mask, but it came up empty," says Zane. "It's as if it never existed."

"Then we need to focus on who's giving the orders," Lloyd decides. "A group this organized must have a leader."

"Maybe someone from our past?" Jay offers.

"Uh, forgive me," says Harumi, "but is that . . . underwear?" She picks up a pair of blue boxers between her two manicured fingers.

"We're usually more organized," Jay says, snatching it out of her hands. "Ahem. But our leader got lost in a time-stream. Uh, they're Cole's!"

"They're blue!"

Kai chuckles. "You're lucky they're not yellow.

Harumi lets out an awkward little giggle.

"What about the suspect captured at the heist in Borg Tower?" Nya says, pulling us back on track. "I can stay behind with Harumi if you wanna press him on who he works for."

Pixal comes to life on screen. "The police have him in custody, but he has refused to talk. He is set for release today."

"Then if Johnny Law can't get him to talk, perhaps Johnny Ninja can?" says Kai.

"Lloyd, Jay, Zane, Cole, Lily and I will fly inland to meet this guy," I say. "The rest of you stay with the bounty, fix her up a bit."

"Sounds like a plan," says Lloyd.

I give Kai a peck on the cheek and we're on our way.

        ~

Half an hour later, the six of us are back in the city, approaching Mistake's tea shop. It's been years since I've been here: she's repainted the bricks outside and planted some flowers. It's quite nice.

"Uh, I thought we were in a hurry to get to the police," says Jay.

"A quick stop," Lloyd replies. "If the perp won't talk, maybe we can get something to loosen his lips."

"Mistake's tea shop," Cole says. "I wonder what magic tea she can brew up for us."

We head inside. A little old lady who can only be Mistake is busy filling shelves. She doesn't seem to notice we came in.