Episode 11 - Rise of the Preeminent

The sun is setting. Undoubtedly, Morro is already working on releasing the Preeminent in Stiix, yet we're still at Wu's shop.

"Shouldn't we be going to Stiix?" asks Kai as if reading my mind. "The longer we wait, the worse it'll get."

"We need to stock up," Uncle replies.

"On what? Magic tea that will make us invincible?" Jay gasps excitedly. "Give us special powers? Is it gonna give us four arms?"

"Sadly, no magical tea today," Uncle Wu says. "I had to sell the rest of the merchandise along with everything else."

"What? You sold your business?" Zane asks, flabbergasted. "But that was for your retirement!"

Suddenly, the one and only Cyrus Borg bursts through the doors, a bright smile on his face. "Ah, hello again, Ninja."

"While we were away, I had Borg use the money from the tea farm to create us some new toys to balance the scales. They are expensive, you know."

"It's been so long, I hardly recognize any of you!" Borg says, beaming brightly like a grandparent would. "Lloyd looks older. Tasha, you cut your hair! I see a Water Ninja. A Titanium Nindroid! Cole is a . . . a ghost? Huh? Jay looks shorter. And, and then there's Kai."

"Hey! What do you mean I look shorter!" Jay exclaims.

"Maybe because you shrunk," I say, smirking, prompting Jay to smack my arm in protest.

"I'm sorry, Dr. Borg, but cut to the chase," says Kai, ignoring mine and Jay's antics. "We don't have much time."

"Yes, always the impatient one. Come, let me show you." He rolls his wheelchair back into the Tea Shop and presses a button. Then, the ground behind us begins to shift and open up, and a platform with three vehicles rises up to take it's place, "If you want a little muscle with that hustle, I've made Jay a lightning fast Ghost Taker GT. Front spectral intake, rear incorporeal storage."

"Oh, why did the Ghost cross the street? Oh, I don't know, maybe 'cause he saw me coming in that!" Jay exclaims, sprinting to climb into the blue ghost busters racecar, the comment about being shorter forgotten.

"Zane's Ice mech. Sure, it appears to be the same, but I've equipped the underarms with Deepstone particle shooters, allowing you to freeze the competition."

"Super cool. And I mean quite literally," Zane says as he climbs into the mech.

"Cole, I've made you a Ghost Cycle. Twin carbine blasters, auto-evasive handling. Made entirely of Deepstone, perfectly molded to fit the, uh . . . bodiless. And I've set all the radio presets to your favorite: soft rock."

Cole enthusiastically climbs on. "I do love a slow jam." He presses a button and the speakers start blasting that one mellow rock song he's always listening to when he plays video games. "All right!"

"And for you, Kai." Borg pulls a red strip of fabric out of his pocket and tosses it at Kai.

"A headband," Kai says in that fake sort of excited voice you use when you receive an ugly sweater from your grandma on Christmas.

"A personal embroidered headband!" Borg explains enthusiastically. "Thirty-two thread count, easy tie capabilities." Then he sighs and drops the act. "I apologize. I lost track of time building the other vehicles. Eh, same goes for you, Lloyd. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure you'd be making it back."

"Hey, I'm just happy to be here," Lloyd says, patting Borg on the back. "We'll take any help we can get."

Borg smiles and nods before wheeling towards me. "Tasha, er, I do have something for you. It's in his backpack." He pats the brown leather bag sat beside him in the chair. "I, uh, I understand you've been training to become a sensei, and, well, I . . . I thought this would be an appropriate gift."