5- surprise...

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FIVE!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER FIVE!
                      — Limerence

" At least you can broaden your
chicks, prongs."

THE BLONDE WATCHED AS HER BEST FRIEND AND LILY EVANS FLIRTED. Ember and the O'Connor were walking down to breakfast together when Lily ran up to him. Her cheeks were red as soon as River faced her. Ember felt the same churning feeling in her gut.

Ophelia had left to go find her boyfriend so Ember really didn't have an escape as the two flirted with eachother and completely acted as if Ember wasn't there. That was a new issue. After her kitchen adventure with James last night, the common room was empty apart from River and Ophelia who were waiting for her.

Apparently Ember had missed a lot of inside jokes that were created in just the three hours that she was gone. Ophelia attempted to fill her in, River didn't seem like he cared much.

Ember glanced over at the two- instantly regretting it when she saw River becoming stiffer as Lily's fingers touched his, wrapping their hands together. Her eyes quickly fled the scene and her feet subconsciously picked up their paste.

She wanted nothing more than to escape the hell that was happening infront of her eyes.

"Oi! Shut up Prongs!" Yelled a familiar voice. Ember could recognize it from the voice she heard in many of her classes over the years.

She turned her head around to see the Marauders. Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, and James Potter.

She sighed in relief and slowed her pace down. "Hello boys- need some extra company?"

Remus's -and James's, not that no one noticed- eyes lit up at the blonde. Remus extended his arm for her to take it in his. "Ah yes we could. Wheres the two other idiots?"

Ember dramatically sighed. "Ophelia has a boyfriend and River is in love with some redhead."

James frowned at the statement. Pretty much the whole school knew of the bubbling romance between the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. "Don't remind me" he groaned.

Sirius laughed loudly. "At least you can broaden your chicks prongs!"

Ember saw Peter roll his eyes. "You shouldn't talk about women like that." The blonde stuck out her arm that wasn't hooked with Remus and gave him a high-five.

"It's official. Pettigrew is officially cooler than all of you wankers."

Peter smiled sheepishly at the complement. Remus had laughed and shoved Ember slightly. James let out an exaggerated sigh and Sirius stopped in his tracks. Throwing one of his hands up to block them.