71-October 31, 1981

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
TW: DEATH

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE!                       — Limerence

Limerence

" Stand aside, girl. "

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE WORLD STOPS SPINNING? When all your thoughts are bottled up into one and you can't focus on a single thing beacuse nothing makes since. Everything is a jumble of thoughts and your brain runs wild to the point where you exhaust yourself by just thinking about the smallest of things. Journals and notebooks being scrawled with loopy cursive and stories that would never make since without the full painted picture. They are simply captions without the photos.

The world is slowly ending, slowly dissolving. Something is wrong. They feelevery tick of the clock. Everyone says instinct is a great thing, but what is instinct if it feels deeper than that.

Doom.

Thats what everyone felt during the last few days in October 1981. The impending doom of something falling hard. It wouldn't be a lover this time. No, there wasn't anymore breakup games to be planned or fake couples coming together. This was their bombing of Hiroshima. the end of it all and the moment where everything falls apart.

Everyone in the Potter house located on Godric hollow knew something had to be wrong. They could feel it in their bones. Something would happen tonight. It wouldn't be pleasant and it wouldn't be good. Something bad.

The rain hit harder than it had in months. They tried to excuse it, claiming it was simply the October weather. Anything to excuse the dropping they all felt in their stomachs; the deep rooted and painful drop.

James and Ember had an idea of why they felt this way but false hope is a killer disguised in faith. The false hope told them they would wake up tomorrow and have another average day. The rain would cease and they would live to see the war end - with their win, of course; this is a false confidence montage. - they wouldn't fall asleep with the knowing that Harry is in danger at all moments and nightmares terrorizing them when they're about to accept reality. Terrors that make it seem more fictional than real.

It seemed as if it was all out of a storybook. As if Ember would close the chapter after reading to Harry at night and ask him if he enjoyed that part of the story but they all knew this was their reality and it was their ending

With the sound of pelting rain bouncing off the roof and thunder in the dark of night, she turned up the radio. The Potter's had been in hiding for a week. To be quite frank, it was very boring.

Harry wanted to go outside, Ember longed to be back saving lives, and James missed the Marauders more than anything. No one was allowed inside the Potter home and no one was allowed out. It was suffocating but protacal to keep everyone safe. And while they did know that, it didn't make hiding out any more enjoyable.