67- Screams and shouts

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
TW: DEATH

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEB!                       — Limerence

Limerence

" You murdered her Malfoy! "

EMBER HAD IMPROVED SINCE HER KIDNAPPING. Always surrounded by the ones she loved and addored. One of these people being her all-time best friend, Ophelia McKinnon. And yes, McKinnon. Ember was kidnapped in April, it was already May. In that small period between the two times, Ophelia and Malrene had gotten married.

Despite the married couple deciding on a courthouse wedding, they still loved each other very, very, very much. According to drunk Ophelia, "James and Ember could never, imagine actually giving birth? Imagine having an actual wedding. That's gross and cringe. That's how divorces happen."

Ember was pretty sure she and James were not getting divorced any time soon. Hopefully never.

Ophelia was writing every day about adopting a little boy named Ryland. She and Marlene both were very serious about adopting the boy.

Ophelia and Ember sat in the Potters' living room. Harry sleeping mindlessly on his god-mothers stomach. He had been clingy with Ember since her kidnapping but seemed more inclined to Ophelia recently. "He likes me more than you Em. I swear he does."

"Maybe he thinks you'll be a good mom!" Ember laughed from the kitchen, pouring a small glass of wine for her and Ophelia to share.

Ophelia giggled, brushing her god-sons messy hair back. "He truly does have James's hair." Then she looked up to Ember. "But he has-"

"My eyes?" Ember smirked, handing her bestfriend a glass of wine. Ophelia nodded slowly, "I get that a lot. God, I want another child, maybe one that actually looks like me. Just not now. Not during this."

Ophelia stared at her best friend with sorrow in her eyes. Harry was turning a year old soon. She could only imagine how Ember was feeling about her son growing up so quickly. "Ryland is seven... thank the lord. He'll know a little better when it comes to the war."

The air turned thick. The only sound being Harry's gentle snores. Ember looked at her son happily. "I can't believe he's gonna be a year old in two weeks. I want him to stay tiny forever." She groaned.

Ophelia laughed, brushing his hair back. "But then you would have to deal with poopy diapers and him crying over Valerie stealing stuff from him."

"Oh no the Valerie thing is never changing. It's crazy to think Remus and Sirius adopted a seer." She whistled lowly.

Valerie would be valuable one day. If not so as much as Harry. They would both have bounties on their head if the war didn't end soon. Luckily, it was looking good for the order. Not amazing... but good.