62- The prophecy

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO!
Limerence

" You cant gaslight us "

DUMBLEDORE STARED AT THE WOMAN AS SHE BLANKED OUT. Repeating "The one with the power to partly vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...."

The words struck Dumbledore. He truly did care for the two couples that would be at the business end of a bayonet. Though, their 'sons' (he was guessing considering the woman said 'he'.) was truly the one to end Voldemort. What would be the cost? He was willing to let anyone die in order to save the greater good.

In years, people will see the deaths - though not necessary - were good. It was a way for people to stay motivated to continue fighting in the war, bring down Voldemort. However, now the only thing in people's minds was staying safe. To not die. Whilst Albus Dumbledore understood that, he had stressed many times deaths will happen during this war and people didn't seem to take him serious enough.

"Sybill, are you sure this is the right one?" Albus asked, quite skeptical of the woman. Despite knowing about the curse placed on her bloodline he couldn't help but be curious. There was more to the story she was talking, he was sure of it.

He had learned a lot in his hundred years of living. Including how to read people and their ones. Though, Sybill was quite amazing at closing off his Legilimency, she still had her nervous tics when she lied.

She looked appalled by the mans question, her eyes becoming even bigger behind her circle glasses. "N-No! Of course not, Albus. I made my prophecy like I told you. C-Can I leave now. I'm picking up bad auras..."

"I assure you that it's safe to tell me anything else that's happened. It can be added onto your resume." Albus spoke in his usual confident tone, wanting the woman to continue to speak. He knew she was hiding something.

The woman sucked in a breath, looking around as if she was scared. Her eyes jumping to the same spot. "Okay... but not here, please."

"As you wish..." Dumbledore sighed, he was getting quite annoying but had learned to punch down his emotions. He stood up, his hands crossed over his front. "We may go to my office for the continue of this interview." He dismissed her. Though, he took her worries with a grain of salt knowing the type of student Sybill was, he too looked around skeptically.