50- N.E.W.T.S.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE!
Limerence

" Peter is more important than your sorry ass right now. "

N.E.W.T.S. Also known as Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests. Examinations are taken by Hogwarts students in their seventh and sixth years. These examinations can have an impact on a student's future career. Though she had already signed up for an apprenticeship, if she failed her N.E.W.T.s she wouldn't be a healer.

The stress was on. Sure, Ember's taken the tests before. She took them last year. But, last year it wasn't one hundred percent going to be the reason she would be a housewife. Not that there was an issue with that. Ember just wanted to be there to heal everyone.

The Hogwarts library's exploded with their average seventh years getting in their final bits of studying. The marauders, and yes including ember, were some of the people. Sat in the farthest seat from Madam Pince.

Ember was attempting to help them study, which, was working about as well as anyone would think it would go. James was being a brat and clinging onto Ember like it was a full-time job. Peter was whining every three seconds because he didn't understand anything. Sirius had fallen asleep on Remus's shoulder making Remus too scared to move.

"Ember!" Peter smiled happily, handing the girl his parchment. "I think I did it!" Ember took the parchment and scanned it over. Though he got one question completely wrong and a few not so far off, Ember didn't have the heart to tell him.

"You did better this time Pete!" Ember encouraged. She wasn't necessarily wrong. "Here, let me come over there to help you." Ember stood up, tugging on James's hand that was around hers. "James, let me go. Peter is more important than your sorry ass right now."

James pouted, slamming his head to the table. "I guess you never loved me then. What if I need help, Emmy!" He complained, pointing to his completed work.

"You're finished, idiot. Peter is not. And I apologize, Pete, but you need more help than James at the moment." Ember gave him a sorrowful look. He just shrugged and went back to glancing over his parchment.

"James, leave Ember alone," Remus whispered, not moving. "Let her help Wormtail just this once."

James huffed, blowing a few pieces of hair from his structured face. "Peter will be fine. I'm the one who needs my girlfriend's love! I'm in pain because of you Ember White."

"Not the first time," She muttered, finally being able to sit next to Peter. "Alright, Peter... So, here when you're talking about..." Ember explained the processes he would need to use and the notes he would need. Though, Peter never noticed, Ember was getting distracted by James's staring.