13-the ball

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER THIRTEEN!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER THIRTEEN!
Limerence

" Are you engaged?"

THE DRESS SHE WORE WAS PERFECT. Ophelia had told her so many times it matched her personality perfectly, yet something felt off about the dress.

The pale pink guided down her body as a wave, causing her legs to be hidden by the fabric. The Lacy pink top made her smile slightly, small spaghetti straps held the dress itself up, but the cleavage was a little much.

Something felt wrong, she felt empty. Her eyes moved around the mirror, finally landing on her neck. Her neck was bare.

Ember's hands grabbed the necklace resting on the bathroom counter, she carefully raised it up and locked it, the E hanging perfectly. Separating her neck and cleavage.

Little did she know, Estelle White had the same problem during a ball. She had a woman with frizzy dark hair help her, however.

Her fingers found the necklace, she squeezed it slightly. She could hear Ophelia ruffling around in their dorm, no doubtfully looking for something.

The ball was starting in thirty minutes. Could Ember actually do this?

Another glance in the mirror caused Ember to become lost in her dress. The dress was a pretty light pink. Her top had lace over it, creating a pattern that cut off at the waist and flowed over to layers of sheer fabric that reached the ground.

Her mask layed in her hands, also a pale pink, though it had silver at the very top, creating a triangle that was out-weighed by the jewls.

Ember's blonde hair was in a neat braided knot, only a few extra pieces of hair had etched its way out.

"Ember?" A voice called from the other side of the door, The blonde made it out to be Ophelia. Their other two roommates were getting ready with other friends so it was just the two. "It's time to go! James will be waiting by the barrels."

Ember sighed, glancing at herself in the mirror. "Tell him I'll be arriving later on!"

Of course she would feel bad about being late to the ball. But she didn't feel like facing the crowd. What would River think? What if she fell or made an embarrassment out of herself.

She did that quite often. But tonight wasn't a classroom or the great hall. It was a formal ball. The type of balls that Tara Uron, her grandmother on her mum's side, would yell at her.