54- Honey is gross with no moon

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR!
Limerence

" Where did you learn that? "

SHE DID NOT IN A MILLION YEARS EXPECT THAT HER HONEYMOON WOULD BE SPENT LIKE IT WAS A NORMAL WEEK. When Ember and James were preparing their extravagant wedding, one thing they did not expect was that Dumbledore would not allow them to leave the comfort of London for their honeymoon. Every event around their marriage had already been so diminutive to keep people safe from the disasters erupting around them it felt horrible for it to continue that way.

The White Estate was stripped of any evidence that a marriage ever took place. Wine glasses were cleaned and flowers wilted away. The few invited parted with smiles and congratulations. Barley even giving anymore thought to their marriage. Ember and James laughed when they apparated home, celebrating it.

Still, they were told to spend their honeymoon in a safe place in London. Of course, what is safer than their home. Boring, yes. But it would keep them safe. Everyone knew that saftey was the most important thing at that moment.

The now-married couple wouldn't be falling asleep with dreams of walking down the aisle and reading their vows anymore. They would be haunted by the murders committed every day. The monsters they feared in everyday life coming faster and the expectations for them to conquer them heavier than ever. They need to defeat the monsters to protect the ones they love.

She knew the people she loves are going to die. She damn well knew it when Dumbledore got children to fight in the war for him. A single week was all she wanted. A week to lower her guard and have a great time with her James. To not worry about death, death eaters, war, or any of the evils taking place in the present.

She ran a stressed hand through her hair, getting stuck in snags and knots she wasn't bothered to remove. Beside her, James slept soundlessly. The only noises leaving his figure being soft hums. Ember wished she could sleep as easily as him. She knew it would be a blessing since her brain ran too wild to even dare that sleep was a normal thing.

It was becoming a chore to even rest her eyes. The wedding was a great distraction at first but the longer she was able to leave the bliss of it, the more she faced the future. Their official honeymoon would be starting tomorrow. No work. No friends - they had been asked to leave James and Ember alone for one week - More importantly, no order. They would only be called down to help the order on one occasion; multiple people were dying. The likelihood of that happening being quite high these days.

She flung her feet over the bed, hitting the soft rug. Her muscles groaned in protest, just wanting their carrier to have some sort of sleep. Carefully, Ember closed the door and shuffled to get water from the kitchen.