73- the end

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE!                       — Limerence

Limerence

" You'll kill my son for a second time "

"FOR THERE TO BE BETRAYAL, THERE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN TRUST FIRST." Suzanne Collins had written. For Ember, this proved more true than she would've ever imagined. Her heart raced up as they stared at her. They had been betrayed. Someone was set on killing her and her family. The worse part was that Ember had trusted them more than anything. They were close enough to family. They were there for her through the thick and thin. Held her while she was crying about her best friend's death and the birth of her son.

"Kaylee Wilson," Ember growled. Peter shook from his tears in her arms. For all, he knew his best friends were dead and they thought he was the one who killed them. If anything, Peter felt more betrayed. Of course, he could see where they were coming from. He had been distant but it was a different type of distance- he was scared. "It wasn't Peter. He doesn't even have the dark mark you tossers!" Peter nodded and raised his sleeve. It was pale and wet from the rain but not a single tattoo was there.

Sirius stood still. The moments from the past day wanting to make him throw up. "He was the secret keeper." He muttered, confused and defeated. "He missed order meetings... dumb excuses. He- he... Peter-"

"I didn't do it." Peter cried, giving up slowly. "I wasn't lying when I said my mom is sick. She's been sick for months. Ask Ember, she's one of the healers that took care of her! Ask Hailey about our dates, damn it."

"He's not lying," Ember whispered, hugging Peter tighter. The two on the floor only wrapped up in each other's arms. "It wasn't Peter. He wasn't the mole. I'm sure it's Kaylee. All the evidence points to her."

The air was thick with the tension. It still didn't seem real that Kaylee could've been the mole.

"Do you really think it's Kaylee? She always seemed to be one of the most real people in the order.." James rubbed the stub on his chin. "How did she even know?"

Ember sighed, "It's my fault. At work, I was stressed so I started to scribble down everything in a journal. That including the prophecy, secret keepers, locations. I swore I put a charm on it- but, Kaylee's smart. She could crack it. She's been weird recently. Missing work... order meetings. Merlin... more of her patients had been dying more than ever. We thought it was just because of the cases she's been taking."

"She said she was missing meetings because of work, though?" Sirius flurried his eyebrows. Confusion was in all of them but Ember.