32- trust me and love me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO!
                      — Limerence

" do you still love me? "

EMBER HAD STARED AT the parchment, words failing to come out as her hands went limp. She became more aware of the marks on her neck the longer she stared.

"Where did you find that." She knew the parchment was in her dresser. Her voice was calm, surprisingly. She looked him in the eyes as she calmly removed it from his hand.

He didn't seem to notice she even asked a question. "Oh, my Merlin. You're not even denying anything... you- you broke up me and Lily because you were jealous?!" River breathed out.

"N-no." She drawled out. River smiled poorly and chuckled. His head shook slightly and he ripped the parchment out of her hands. "River..."

"I was in love with her, Ember. In love with her! You ruined that because you were jealous! At least your plan fucking worked. Because hey, guess what? I actually started to fancy you! I started to maybe actually love you. Good to know that was the biggest mistake." He said darkly as he turned around sharply and marched up the stairs. "Have a good day."

Ember stared at the dorm stairs as he left, the marks made by James burning and itching.

She didn't even love River anymore. He was still her best friend, he would always be her best friend.

The world blurred with tears as Ophelia hugged her tightly. Ember let everything go as her best friend held her. How could everything go this wrong? Ophelia scratched the back of Embers head to comfort her, "He's just being a drama queen, Em."

"I- I really want my sister right now." Ember chocked out.

Ophelia sighed and slowly started to lead Ember up the stairs. "It'll be okay, I promise."

The next few days were a blur, a straight blur. Lily had found out, as well as James. The blonde was told by Ophelia that Lily had made very rude gestures when talking about the subject to her friends. Ember didn't blame her very much.

Ember, however, hadn't left her room since that night. Ophelia had told Dumbledore and all of their professors that she wasn't feeling well and had some healing potions she took.

James had tried to talk to her. None of the other Hufflepuffs would let him in to actually see her, and when he caught sight of Ophelia she just told her Ember needed space. That and strawberries. And the next day; James gave Ophelia strawberries.