57- sincerly, r.a.b

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
TW: DEATH

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN!                       - Limerence

                      - Limerence

"  Regulus is dead  "

JAMES SAT IN THE ROOM UPSTAIRS, FINISHING PAPERWORK. She read Romeo and Juliet, on occasion rubbing her stomach. A reminder of how happy she was to be starting a family. Even if it was in the midst of a war.

They, referring to James and Ember, would protect their child with their heart, everything they had. She didn't care if the child she would birth was a boy or girl, she just knew that they would never be alone in this world of madness.

A letter falling gracefully into her lap caught her off guard. She looked up to see an unfamiliar owl. "Thank you..." she muttered, looking at the owl with furrowed eyebrows. Shes seen the owls from the order before and this one didn't quite match them.

Assuming it's just another thing from work, Ember opened it without care. God, how she would regret that.

A parchment fell out, swirling beautifully to the ground. Elvendork wiggled from her spot beside Ember and grabbed it between her teeth, taking it back up to the blonde woman.

Ember unfolded the parchement. Reading it over and gasping... this was not a letter from work.

Dear Ember Potter,

We haven't spoken in such a long time, I believe I'm forgetting myself. As I hear... your married to Potter now? So you're no longer a White. I see, and I quite enjoy it. You and James were always perfect together. I told you on the day you were engaged. Now, you have a little child on the way. I really hope the best for you, Ember.

I still wear the friendship bracelet you gave me. It gives me comfort. I surely hope you don't hate me. I couldn't deal with you hating me. I promise you I'm doing good. I'm fixing my mistakes. I've already done so much that people don't know, yet. I think he's aware though.

I know you hate me for becoming the thing I promised I wouldn't. You gave me an out. You gave me an opportunity to leave this horrid fate I have slowly made for myself. I still didn't take it. The walls I built up around myself have stopped protecting me.

You gave me an option in a letter you sent a while back. You came to me at your graduation, I could leave everything for you. I could join you and James Potter. I wish I had. Alas, I didn't. Though it may seem like the biggest sacrifice I will make as a person I've already completed so much of my end goal. I just need to do one last thing and it'll all be over... It'll all make sense in the end, I swear.