22- Christmas Woes

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LIMERENCE         ↳ chapter 22

LIMERENCE
↳ chapter 22

EMBER WHITE HAD BEEN EXCITED to finally be home. Sleep in her bed at her house. Yet apparently the universe had other plans. She apparated with Marci right in front of the door of the Estate.

"Alright girls," Riley started, "Put your trunks up. I'll take Turkey."

The girls opened the door, being hit with the familiar smell of freshly baked cookies. She ran upstairs and threw her trunk on her bed. Being quick to run downstairs.

"Aries?" Her mother called out. Ember froze. Why the hell was she calling out his name?

"Sorry mum!" His voice boomed through her ears. She could feel her mouth dry up at just the sound of his voice. She stood there on the stairs, he spotted her quickly, "Hello Em! Wheres Skylar."

He didn't seem to notice how Ember had turned pale her her teeth gritting, she muttered one thing, "Why are you here?"

"Hm?" He smiled, "could you repeat that please?" He asked her, ember shook her head.

"I said why are you here you daft tosser!" She yelled, her voice laced with clear agonization and sour. Marci turned around quickly along with Riley at the tone of their daughters voice. Skylar opened her bedroom door.

"Well I decided to visit for Christmas..." He mumbled. Ember rolled her eyes. To her, she only saw red. Her brother had missed the past Christmas. The year before she only saw him once, and that was on Christmas. The man in front of her never once responded to her letters thoroughly. One time ignoring them for two months, she had thought he was dead.

This man, her brother, didn't show up for their grandmothers funeral. The only thing they got out of him was a simple sorry and he was distraught to hear the news. She sneered at him, "you don't get to visit for Christmas Aries!"

"Ember." Her mother warned but she tuned her out.

"Aries I haven't seen you since I was fourteen! I'm sixteen now. I haven't seen you in two years. You never respond to letters good enough for me even to know your alive!" Ember yelled at him.

Aries rolled his eyes, putting out a hand to sush her. "I have work Ember. It's important, and I apologize-"

"You weren't there when Grandmother died Aries. She was my bestfriend- you were my bestfriend but you left. So I was left with her. And then she left too. I needed you Aries! And you weren't there." She threw her arms up, "So why the hell are you in my house. Shouldnt you be in America dealing with the president or something? Maybe controlling the dozens of shootings and borderline racism embedded into the systems there- yeah, I read whore!"