39- So, christmas is still soon

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE!                       — Limerence

                      — Limerence

" do you have a boner? "

IT WAS ALL HAPPENING SO FAST. It seemed as if only a few chapters ago, Ember was starting her final year of school. And now, well she's getting ready for Christmas. Sure... Christmas was in 24 days. But that didn't mean Ember wasn't counting down the days.

Ember hated the Christmas she had last year. Her once favorite holiday had been spoilt all because She had a huge fight with her brother, Sirius... well Sirius almost died. What a shame.

And the blonde girl was determined, and she means determined to make this the best Christmas ever. She and James would be dating. She had never dated someone over Christmas. What about the New Years kisses and the special present only your lover gets? Even better, the sun would be shining. And among other things that have to be good this year.

On December second Ember strutted into the Great Hall with a Christmas hat on, Elvendork also wearing one. A little bell was attached to the end, whenever she moved, the bell would jingle.

She skipped to the Gryffindor table with a large smile. Barley even noticing the weird looks she was receiving.

"Hello!" She chirped and sat next to James, him immediately taking her hand in his. His thumb automatically rubbing on her skin. Her heart raced a bit more.

"Hi..." Ophelia drawled, "Aren't you festive?"

Ember subconsciously moved to adjust her hat using her free hand. "Well duh." Ember breathed, "It's Christmas! Be lucky I didn't start this yesterday. This year nothing bad is gonna happen, I can tell."

"Well I'm not gonna die, that's for sure." Sirius snorted. James gave him a pointed look to which he just shrugged, "I'm not with my insane parents anymore, Prongs."

"You could still die?" James said in a 'duh' tone. "I bet Moony could kill you right now. He would just get his wand, go avada kedavra and you would be dead. We would not be sad, but you would still be dead."

Remus, who was picking around with his food, looked up to James. "Why would I kill my boyfriend?"

The whole table went silent. Sirius letting out a curse under his breath. Everyone was staring at the two wide-eyed. Sure... it was pretty expected. It was just that Remus said it so... confidently.

Eventually, Ember broke it. "I KNEW IT BITCHES! HAH OPHELIA OWES ME TWO GALLEONS!" She yelled, snapping in Ophelia's direction.