10-River's regret

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER TEN!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER TEN!
Limerence

" i messed up."

FOR SOMEONE TO SAY RIVER WAS FREAKING OUT WOULD BE THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF A LIFETIME. Sure he totally meant some of the words he said, he was just trying to be honest! But he also didn't mean to make Ember run off.

As soon as he yelled those awful words at her, he knew he messed up big time. The only time he really ever got into an argument with her was when they were in second year and he stopped talking to her for stepping on a spider, which he knew she didn't do intentionally. Didn't stop him from getting mad.

River also knew that Ember was actually becoming happy. He could remember when he got an owl from her over the summer explaining that her grandmother, who she called Maman, had passed away from Dragon Pox. Estelle White and Ember White were close, River knew that. River saw the tear stains on the parchment. Yet he said that her death was Embers fault. Which it wasn't. It totally wasn't

But River was mad, no furious. So furious he didn't even check to see the tiny chance that Ember was actually just making new friends.

He let anger blind him.

And now he was letting regret blind him. He had been pacing his dorm for the past hour. His legs began to hurt, but did he care? No. No, he didn't care. He made a huge mistake and he knew that.

Those words "they just want to get in your pants." Were never going to be forgiven. He knew how much Ember was afraid of something like that happening because of her looks. He knew that she was gorgeous, he knew that people took advantage of that, he knew that Ember hated the thought of that.

Yet he said those words.

Anger blinded River.

And he hated every moment of it. River for one, had no idea where she had ran off to, and two, Ophelia and Lily were totally going to murder him.

He decided death was worth knowing Ember was okay.

"Shit." He muttered for a last time. His hand ran through his hair and he went to open his dorm door.

"If I was Ophelia where would I be..." he thought out loud before going to the girl dorms. Hufflepuffs, unlike Gryffindors, boys could enter the Girls dormitory's. It was probably the whole 'loyal' thing.

River was correct. When he opened the door that read,

OPELIA RAVER
CELLIA HOLMES
TARA REID
OPHELIA WHITE