45- Please talk to me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE!
Limerence

" That's why I was targeted "

SHE MOVED HER CHESS PIECE. It had been less than a week since she found out about Estelle. She found out everything that had been rigged for her. She was her own chess game. Being played by the people in her life like a pawn.

The information set an eternal war-fair in her mind at first. She spent hours at a time just thinking about Estelle. The news also gave her a reason to think about River again, which she hadn't done in a long time.

For obvious reasons. Even if she didn't notice, River was constantly looking at her.

The world had shrunken since she found out, it all seemed smaller. Less important. Really, who in their right mind would risk their magic just to give it to their granddaughter? Apparently, Estelle would. Very (not) smart of her.

Before, it was a problem of turning. Now it was the problem of not being able to turn. When she felt exhausted after hours of classes she still couldn't sleep. It seemed like a curse that was set on her. Ember was waiting for the fairy godmother to pop up, wave her wand and turn her into a pumpkin.

She can't focus on anything other than Estelle. Truly, she was so confused why she had to be the one to receive the necklace. Was it really all because of her hair, her middle name, her eyes? Why didn't Aries receive the necklace? He has blonde hair, he has blue eyes. Ember shouldn't be the one with the necklace.

She wants to be a healer. Someone whose life would - if ever - be on the line. Her siblings were all Aurors. It would be more important for them to have the necklace. At least that's what Ember believed.

And Even though Estelle set her off - lit the match per-say - She hadn't removed the necklace. Ember still enjoyed being able to have a piece of her grandmother with her. During her life she always loved Ember.

She supposed now it was just because she was more similar to Estelle than any other of her siblings or her father. She knew that Ember would ultimately be the one to hold her magical core. She just wished Estelle hadn't known. Maybe then she wouldn't have this burden on her shoulders dragging her down.

There was also the conclusion EMber had come to with the help of Dumbledore. Voldemort, or at least his followers, knew about this. It's most likely Voldemort since Estelle had Tom Riddle assist her. The Hogsmeade attack... she had been targeted.