69- from Mckinnon

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE!
Limerence

" Ask your wife, noble stallion. "

TIME DOESN'T STOP WHEN SOMEONE DIES. Ember knew that her best friend's passing away wasn't a reason for Harry to suffer more. Even he was curious for the reason that Marlene and Ophelia had never come back to play with him. He was turning one, a big thing for any young child and their family.

Wanting to keep the party small, the couple invited the marauders, Lily, and then Alice and Frank so they could bring Neville. Kaylee and Erick were also invited but Erick would be the only one that was able to make it since Kaylee was caught up with work. speaking of work, Peter very reluctantly came to the party. Claiming he was swamped at his workplace. Eventually, Ember was able to convince him to join the party.

Harry waddled, to the best of his ability, around the home. On occasion, he would fall over and start crawling instead. He had attempted to help his parents clean up - it was still a few days until the party; they just wanted to be prepared. - but had spilled cereal all over the floors instead. Yeah, he wasn't allowed to help after that.

Whilst James was at Auror Training and Ember at work, Remus would be stuck with the task of watching both Harry and Valerie. Lily would join in at times, just helping in small bits.

"Oh my Merlin, Harry's an artist." Remus laughed, holding up Valerie who had an angry look on her face, marker scribbled all over her skin.

The four - Lily, Remus, Valerie, and Harry - had all been painting together. Whilst Lily tried to get Valerie to draw flowers, Remus had subtly trying to get Harry to draw a penis. He failed miserably when the boy found painting on Valerie's caramel skin more interesting than the parchment.

Lily covered her mouth with her hand to hold in her laughter. Her skin crinkled around her eyes, reaching for a paper towel. "Let's get you cleaned up Val." She smiled, picking the little girl up.

Valerie kept her grey eyes trained on the little boy. Glares shooting out of them the best she could muster at a young age. When the two girls disappeared into the kitchen, Valerie turned to Lily. "Harry bad."

Wetting the paper towel, lily smirked. "Harry is very bad isn't he?" Lily questioned the girl, wiping away some of the paint on her arms and face. The young girl stayed slump on the counter, crossing her arms as Lily cleaned her off.

Just as the ginger was finishing, the front door creaked open. "Looks like auntie Ember is here," Lily informed Valerie who instantly smiled.