31- the breakup game

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦?( yes )    ( no )𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽

( yes )    ( no )
𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽... 𝗒𝖾𝗌!

𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 chapter ( thirty-one ) 𝗈𝖿
𝘓𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

SEPTEMBER SLOWLY FADED into October. Many began to hype up the beginning of the year, ready for Halloween. More importantly, the Halloween dance.

However, for the Marauders plus Ember, they weren't hyped up for the beginning of October at all. The full moon was only a day away.

The world seemed to crash more every day. More killings. More full moons. And with Ember's recent discovery of falling into love with James, she had been more stressed out.

Usually, when she had a crush she would keep it to herself, tell her friends maybe. Something told her River wouldn't like it very much.

Ophelia already knew Ember told her as soon as she got back from the dorm that night. She wasn't planning on it but Ember looked so flustered that Ophelia wouldn't leave her alone. Ember eventually broke in and told Ophelia everything.

The dark-haired friend was understanding, of course. She gave the best friend speech about following one's heart. Ember smiled brightly at her and thanked her, though she knew the speech wouldn't help her. She didn't know what her heart or brain was saying anymore.

To everyone else, Ember and James had become the Golden couple of Hogwarts. To them, it was a lie. Hidden and unresolved feelings following them around on chains.

James or River. Ember or Lily. It was becoming more of a chase everyday. One big love square. Ember fancies James, James fancies Lily, Lily Fancies James, and River fancies Ember. But Lily and River are exes and Ember and James are fake dating- slowly falling for eachother.

James and Ember could stop the game anytime they want, and that's why she stood outside the Gryffindor common room after classes. She needed to know if it was over. Because she didn't want it to be.

She would miss that time and smiles spent with James, the laughs with Peter, the jokes with Sirius, and even the books she would share with Remus. All of it would be gone. She knew they would still be friends, but it would be so different with James.

"Hullo, Blondie!" James perked up from the portrait hole, Elizabeth, more known as the fat lady, opened up for him. "You looked quite grim when you said you wanted to talk yesterday... is everything okay?"

Ember gave him a bitten lip smile and a court nod. "Who knows, now c'mon I'll walk you to class and we can talk."

James wasn't stupid, quite contrary to popular belief. He could see the drop of Ember's attitude as she spoke to him. Her bitten lips would drive him mad. "Sounds great." His voice was perky but he was not. His Ember was upset about something, and he would figure it out.