9- falling

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
TW:
Panic Attacks

CHAPTER NINE!                       — Limerence

CHAPTER NINE!
                      — Limerence

" Fuck you."

IT HAD BEEN THREE DAYS SINCE JAMES AND EMBER DECIDED TO START THE BREAKUP GAME. They were hanging out more than James would've thought, not that he was complaining. Ember was great company and he was forever in her debt for helping him make Lily jealous.

Not that Ember was compining either. Herself and James were at least getting Rivers attention, the blonde could tell because every time she talked about James or the Marauders to her two friends River would either scoff or straight up ignore them.

He was furious at Ember. They were meant to be best friends but all of a sudden she becomes friends with the Marauders. He could only come up with one conclusion. Ember was doing it to make him mad.

They were sat in the Hufflepuff common room talking about just that. (River wasn't paying much attention though) Ember laughed, nudging Ophelia. "I'm just saying, Remus and Sirius would make a cute couple!" She argued. Ophelia giggled.

"Know who would make a cute couple?"

"Who?"

"You and Potter." Both Ember and River spat out their drinks. The blonde gave a glare to her tanned best friend. She knew of the breakup game and was using it to edge them on.

She was about to make a witty remark when she saw their dark haired friend fuming. Ember rolled her eyes, "Okay, what's wrong with you?" She asked, all of her attention now on River.

He didn't even hesitate before speaking, "It's you!" He responded quickly. There was a snap in his voice that made Ember's heart drop. He wasn't actually mad at her. Was he? Ophelia frowned and moved out of the way, thinking it was a them type thing. Ember only gave her soft eyes.

River had never been so mad at her to snap at her like that. Sure, there was that one time when they were in first year and he stopped talking to her for a week because she stepped on a spider, by accident May she add.

Ember let her heart fall for a moment before scoffing, "Yes, because it's always Ember that messes everything up. Seriously, River, what did I do?"

River rolled his eyes and tried to leave. Ember grabbed his arms and dragged him away from all of the peering first years. The dark haired boy smacked her hand off of him and she cockily snorted.