56.5 - bigger issues | Interlude

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX AND A HALF!                       — Limerence

A HALF!
Limerence

" River O'Connor is very acceptable "

HIS EYES GLOSSED OVER THE PAPER HE HELD. His hands shaking. Not only with so much anger but sadness and regret. It seemed unbelievable. The love of his life was carrying another's child? No. No. No. it wasn't meant to be like this.

The world is broken. He breaks in that moment. In big letters, it clearly says that Ember Potter is pregnant. How? How could Ember carry his child when they haven't even been a real couple for long! He should be the on that Ember married. He should be the one she fell asleep next to at night. James didn't deserve the love Ember held.

She was the love of his life and yet... in the letter he was given by an order member clearly says she's pregnant with his baby.

He could've been quicker. He shouldn't have dated Lily. Shouldn't have given Ember the freedom of falling in love because of how idiotic and blond River had become. He should've never doubted her or left her side.

Heartbroken, the dark-haired boy curls the paper up, tearing it, crumbling it, as if the ink would disappear into thin air. He throws it into the fire of his small flat. He watched as it became burnt. He couldn't help but wonder how it would feel to have his skin burnt like that. To be eaten up by crazy flames.

No, River wasn't suicidal. Not at all. He just had an obsession with fire.

Maybe the fire is what drawled him to Voldemort. The dark side. To be someone people feared. All his life he was just a silly little Hufflepuff. It took so much anger to work his way up with the Slytherins, it would be a shame to just let the opportunity escape.

He wants to scream, rip his hair out. He knows his future, soon he'll get the dark mark. If Voldemort ever found him 'not worthy' he should know the anger River feels inside.

The dark lord always looked down on River. He was a Hufflepuff. A half-blood. A nobody. He didn't have any promises and wouldn't be able to benefit Voldemort in any way.

However, the man still wanted River in his ranks. The boy didn't know why someone as grand as Voldemort would have anything to do with him. He didn't have loyalists with the order as another death eater did. He had deserted every goody-two-shoes when he and the girl he loved had they're falling out.

Truth was, Voldemort saw the anger hidden behind the eyes of River. He knew the boy would hold irk after experiencing that level of heartbreak. So Voldemort, the snake-like man with an insane mind promised himself to shape River O'Conner into the perfect putty.

Days after receiving the letter about Ember's pregnancy, River stands in a room at the Malfoy Manor. In the dining hall, he's there. The man he's learned to look up to in so many ways.

He doesn't hear the arguing that surrounds him though. "He's incapable! A traitor waiting to happen." Travers barked. "I don't trust him one bit."

"I agree with Travers, my lord." The order member hisses. "River is nothing more than a dead beat."

Small agreements come from the table. However, most were afraid to agree or disagree with others.

Voldemort stands up, his hands remaining on the wood. "River O'Conner is very acceptable. He will be able to help us. Whether you incompetent people can realize or not. And do remember," he threatened, his voice rising at the order member and travels. "I could kill you faster than you can talk down on another death eater. Refrain from speaking next time..."

The talking ceases when River enters the room. Voldemort stands taller than before, "O'Conner, do you pledge your allegiance to I, the dark lord? Do you swear on your life to never betray the dark side as long as you breathe?"

"I swear to never betray you, my lord." He smiles wickedly at the dark wizard. Voldemort grins, raising his wand and putting it against Rivers' skin. It sent a cold drift along his spine, goosebumps rising on his skin.

"Protean." The man hisses crazily. River bit back the pain from the tattoo engraving into his skin. His lip was close to bleeding from the way he bit it harshly. The mark was a pin he would never want to endure again. But, he knew to get to his end goal of James Potter being killed he would need to do this... need to prove himself to the dark lord.

He could deal with the pain for now.

ASHLEE SPEAKS!

Death Eater river replacing snapes role as the obsessed lover?

Goodbye