25: Parlay

Lisa flinched, waking up from that quick nap she had

Lisa flinched, waking up from that quick nap she had. Jungkook hushed her immediately, kissing her cheek. From the moment they stepped into the master's bedroom, he devoured her like a hungry beast, every kiss felt like she's running out of air in her lungs and his squeezes on her body definitely left their marks; securing his territory all over her body.

Out of Jungkook's knowledge, she was distracting her from that voice linked into her soul when they were on that dress boutique in the Rancher's district. The owner of that voice who happened to be the first man who ever connected to her. No, this wasn't the time when her inner wolf could even resurface in her body. This was the time when she was all innocent and desperate to survive. The time where desperate souls do desperate things for she was in a world where she need to fight for her to have something to stuff in her grumbling stomach.

She cannot believe someone from her past visited her in the Golden Crimson territory. And he called her..

Red.

Before she even became a soldier, she was a cast away. When she run away from her pack when her mother died and became a rogue, she was living with a group of rogues too. She went by through stealing bread from a Chinese businessman selling on the side of the streets, pickpocketing from rich people and saving more young pups from the Alpha Rogues who kept on taking them for granted.

She was taken before, she won't let it happen again.

For those times she is fighting to survive, she came across a bowman twice her age. A beta who taught her all of the things to survive. She used to call him Robinhood because he was a thief who is stealing from rich people to help the other cast away. Apparently, she wasn't the only one living in an oppressed pack. There are other pups who bravely left their packs and chose to live in the woods as a rogue.

He took her in their hideout, it was an underground camp under a huge tree and there are other kids settling in that place with him. That's when she knew that he wasn't a bad werewolf at all. He doesn't trust the Human Government and he doesn't want to be in a pack neither for he used to be a slave of those Alpha pack leaders capturing and violating Omegas. The worst nightmare of his life is seeing his own mate being violated by his own Alpha leader and left her in the middle of the forest until she is covered with the heavy snow one December night.

She somehow helped him get through his heartbreak and in return, he protected her with the way he can. Through Robinhood, she learned a lot on how to survive in the woods. He taught her how to hunt wild boars and to make coats from the lambs fur for her to survive the winter. And through Robinhood's knowledge about the woods, she is able to find her Grandwolfie's cabin. Her mother left her a map of where she is staying but she is clueless about the scribbled writings and irrelevant doodles in it. Apparently, Robinhood knows how to read it.

He is truly her savior.

That's when she knew where her half-sister had settled in. Rosé who is a year older than her was taken in custody of her Grandwolfie. She cannot just let her first grandchild to grow in that troublesome pack and that was the reason why Rosé is left on the doorstep of the church of the Omega nuns for her to be saved from any kind of danger. She wanted to be jealous of her but at least, she had the chance to live with her mother. Even though it was just a little while, her mother was her reason to keep surviving no matter what the odds are.