Hidden Chapter: The Beta

“Good morning, everyone

“Good morning, everyone. We have a new kid coming in.” The professor said, walking inside the laboratory with his messenger bag. Then a few moments later, a tall kid came in. The other practitioners gasped and jolted on their seats when they realized how good looking he is.

He smiled and then lowered his gaze when all of us paid attention to him. His hair is covering his forehead, it’s colored in light brown. He is also wearing a thick-framed spectacles but that didn’t hide how gorgeous he looked.

“Hello, everyone. My name is Kim Seokjin. I am from Gwacheon, Gyeonggi Province.” He introduced himself and bowed too. He is wearing a white dress shirt that is usually given to transferees or new interns and topped it with a blue thick cardigan. His broad shoulders look too—Alpha-ish, Jisoo thought.

“I am a beta, working as a general practitioner in one of the hospitals in my hometown. But I recently took a scholarship examination in this school and luckily passed.” He continued and smiled again. “Please treat me well.”

“Ms. Kim, please help him with the books he needed. I will leave the class under your supervision. You may resume the observation of the parasites we studied yesterday.” The professor said while typing on his computer. Jisoo is the president of this batch that is why most of their professors ask for her help for their school works. The practitioners all looked into their laptops when it chimed for the files sent by their professor. He sent some module reports to all of them to keep them occupied while he’s away.

Jisoo stood up from her seat. “Will do, Professor Go.”

“Get ready for a short exams tomorrow morning. Don’t forget your reports too, okay?” The professor said before leaving the class. The practitioners all groaned when they saw the syllabus sent to their emails. Their professor just gave them a 250-paged file to review for their quiz tomorrow. Murmurs lurk around and Jisoo is so used to it.

“Everyone, please send your hypothesis reports to my email.” She said, making everyone in the class nodded as they started to work on their reports. She turned to Seokjin who is timidly standing in there. “Mr. Kim, please follow me.” She said and walks out of their laboratory.

“Oh, okay.” He said softly and followed her.

“You have your access card throughout the building, right?” She asked, showing him a card that she uses to every lock of each door in The Circle. Every room and laboratory built in The Circle research building needs to be accessed through the card given to them. This is also to have a record of each werewolf coming in and out of the facility. Practitioners have limited access in every room but Jisoo, as the president of their batch has more access especially to the profiling room where every new intern or student go through. Only a few werewolves are granted to this access and Jisoo is one of them. 

“Uhm, yeah.” Seokjin answered and showed her the access card in his hand.

“Good. Let’s program your profile for your laptop and tablet needed for class.” She said and tapped her card in a black box next to a door. “Don’t forget to tap yours too before getting inside. I need it for reporting.”